Somebody PLEASE convince me to STAY in this hobby!

have you tried repairing the only aquaspace light, usually its either the transformer or the capacitor...either way I think its 60-100 bucks...check ebay for parts..

Hey Jackie

My vote is for you to hang in there also...remember we all have our days! lol

Feel free to drop me a line if you have questions on hardware, I cruise down that way quite a bit and I would be glad to help if I can.

I have also had an Aqua Spacelight for about 3 years....great fixture!

I definitely know that feeling Jackie! When I killed my corals and flooded my living room in January, I had absolutely no interest in subjecting myself to this torture again. I was completely ready to tear it up and sell it.

My wife made me wait a week, and sure enough after the carpet had mostly been dried out, and things were starting to settle down, I had the itch to do it all over again. Now I'm totally back on track, and happier than ever with my new corals, and my improved setup.

I'd say I spend a couple hours a week on my tank, other than new projects (like moving the sump to the basement) and just oogling. I stay pretty busy with the other projects though since I really like those. I can see if projects weren't your thing that it could get tiresome, because there's always something to improve isn't there?

If you're honestly not getting the satisfaction you want from your tank and you're feeling that way over a period of time, then consider simplifying it. Go FOWLR or something like Shoeib said. No point in being a begrudging slave to your hobby.

On the other hand, if this is just a low day amidst mostly happy high reefer days, then just hang in there. It'll get better. :)

Nate

Thanks everybody for your help and support, I REALLY appreciate it!

I need to take a few steps back and not make any rash decisions before I regret it. I really like this hobby, I just have to learn that trying to be a perfectionist is hindering my ability to really enjoy it the way I should. Other responsibilities at work and at home is really demanding this time of year. So I'm going to take it slow and put some kind of plan together on how I want my setup to be and just take my time and not sweat it. I don't have many options because of my small space, but I'm not a quitter either. I'll find a way.

It's great to know you're all here to help.:)

OK, enough of the mushy stuff, I'm off to HD....;)

home depot jackie can you pick me up some buckets,ext cord ,power strip,new fuge light bulb,5 bags of south down,a home house filter dk :D

Jackie- You can't get out! Because then you couldn't come to Womens Reefer Night, and you know how much fun that is! :p

Seriously- I've been at that point multi times. Just gotta go enjoy regular life and let yourself realize how much you miss it. I've come to the conclusion that I can never not have a tank:) Sometime I even get frustrated hanging out w/ non fishy people because they just don't get the interest, passion, knowledge, whatever you want to call it. You are stuck in the hobby, you just don't realize it yet ;)

Glad you are letting the club talk you out of it!:D

Jackie - you definitely can't get out! We have a lot of fun activities planned for the year. And what are you going to talk to all those boring non-fish people about at parties?? Now you can at least tell them about your recent fish purchases, or your new aquaspacelight - whether they want to hear it or not! :D

I definitely would miss women's reefer night. I gave up talking to the people at work about it, they just look at me as if my underwear was on backwards. Just the name alone "Boston Reef Society" conjurs boredom as far as they're concerned. Little do they know. :D What can I say, I'm sucked in, I'm too far into it to turn back now.

Back