Can we have an "ID" sticky?

GinaD

Very Happy Red Sox Reefer
Would it be possible to have a collection of "What is this?" in the form of a sticky at the top of this thread?
(Not the entire threads, just collection of pictures & descriptions and what they are called.)

I know I would find it extremely useful.

What do you think?

Hahaha - I know. I don't mind doing it. Just didn't want to breach protocol. :D

I think thats a great idea. Saltwaterfish.com has a thread of diseases where people post pics and I have found that helpful. Having a thread of "ID this" would be awesome.

Could I get some help from everyone?
I am going to collect pics for the ID thread and after going thru "Reef Talk" and "Photography", this is all I could get.
I've got some pics in my archives I could use, but I could use help with the list of Frequently-Asked-ID items.

So far I've got on the list:

Asterina Star
Mini brittle Star
Feather duster worm
Bristle worm
Peanut worm
Worm tubes
Nassarius Snail eggs
Cerrith Snail eggs
Aptasia
Mojano
Hair Algae
Coraline Algae
Red Slime Algae (need pic!)
Bubble Algae
Cyano
Q-tip sponge
Sponge (commonly found on LR)
Amphipod
Copepod
Button polyp
Nudibranch
Red Bug

That's good; got some names & pics I can add to the list?
Thanks. :) For a minute there, I was beginning to think no one cared... :(

Zoaid.com has the names of and some good pics of zoo eaters, irritators, etc. NBL just listed a couple of them. There is also the zoo-eating nudibranch.

We had a "small" problem with the macroalgae "dictyota" a while back. It must have come on our live rock. We have a whole thread on it, so we can just transfer the pic from the thread, I think.

I think you may have a pic yourself but we got a nice shot on Sun of one of our ceriths laying a track of eggs, pretty cool.

Nice job, BTW GinaD!

-Gina

Last edited:
Back