CARx media, what do you use?

Pat02026

Non-member
I think I will be setting up the jet stream calcium reactor soon, I have enough for 1-2 fills of the schuran media. What are you running for media, how do you like it?

I use the arm stuff and feel its pretty good. I run the ph lower and it dissolves but doesn't turn to mush

I use the ARM course media w added mag, it workers nicely and doesn't disolve too quickly

I use the Two Little Fishies stuff...'Reborn'. You can get it for about $2/lb if you by in 5 gallon buckets. I cannot dissolve it to nothing though, I find I have to swap it out after it's reduced in volume to about 1/2. Nice thing is it's very clean and hardly needs to be rinsed prior to us.

Thanks for the input guys. I've got a half bag of schuran media left, and the "reborn" TLF looks almost identical. I'm going to use this up and try a batch of reborn. I have used ARM large in the past successfully, but going on the recommendation of what schuran and the jet stream style reactor uses for media, I think it's best to stay with the large media.

Back