Check those overflows!

smcnally

Tankless
I was wondering why the Chaeto in my sump was growing so slow....I found out tonight it was because the cheato in my OVERFLOW was growing like mad! I was blowing off my rock when I noticed a clump of chaeto floating in my overflow and I thought "hmmm...better remove that before it starts growing in there". I reached in there and pulled out a chunk of chaeto about the size of a football. It was LOADED with mini brittles too.

I set up a DSB bucket and noticed the flow was next to nothing. Perplexed I checked the pump; it looked clean. Open up the plumbing I added to disperse the flow, and it was full of chaeto :p

-Mike

I was wondering why the Chaeto in my sump was growing so slow....I found out tonight it was because the cheato in my OVERFLOW was growing like mad! I was blowing off my rock when I noticed a clump of chaeto floating in my overflow and I thought "hmmm...better remove that before it starts growing in there". I reached in there and pulled out a chunk of chaeto about the size of a football. It was LOADED with mini brittles too.

How do you clean the overflow? In- between the two black pieces?
(I know this is going to be an obvious answer :eek: )

Back