chemipure elite?

tommy6905

Non-member
Just picked some up because I've read a lot of good things about it. I didn't want to set up a refugium that's why I went this route. Trying to keep this as low maintenance as possible. I will post in the next few weeks as to how its working out, but in the mean time just curious to see who's using it and how they like it?

I don't use it, but know people who swear by it. It's advertised as GFO, GAC and deionizing resins. The reef chemistry experts tell me that these resins won't work in saltwater though, which makes sense as saltwater is an ionic soup. Assuming they are correct, then it seems expensive for GFO and GAC. Also, GAC and GFO have slightly different optimal flow rates and can last different amounts of time. So, I've always preferred to just run the two separately. It certainly has a large following though, so, it must work well at least.

I probably won't be able to tell for maybe a week or so, and that's why I gave it a shot. All I read was good things about it

how is this working for you? i saw some the other day and was going to get some but wanted to read up a little first

Back