connecting RKE to calcium reactor

Mr.Rodrigo502

Non-member
ok so i got a controller to control my calcium reactor but i cant get the hand of it...its an american marine ph controller.....it just too complicated... does any know or has any connected there ca reactor to their reefkeeper..i upgraded to the elite ....so i need an sl2? or an extra sl1 (which i already have to monitor ph)? please help....or if any one know how to use the american marine.......please help

If you want to monitor the pH in the tank you will need another SL1 or an SL2.

On the PC4 Channel you have the solenoid on program as the following

Set it up as a controller
The Sensor port in my case is SL1 or SL2: pH
Direction is: Above
Setpoint: 6.5 (or desired value)
Hysteris:0.0
Default is Off

yea i already have my sl1 monitoring the ph in tank......i was thinking of buying an sl2 to control my ca reactor as well as salinity.........but was looking for instructions.......

I have a RKL on my 40 breeder SL1 only though. Just calibrate the pH probe and set the solenoid on your CO2 tank to only turn on when the pH in the calcium reactor is above a certain point. I think the function you have to choose is controller.

And yes. Go with a SL2 over another SL1 as it will allow you to take advantage of the salinity probe later.

I have a RKL on my 40 breeder SL1 only though. Just calibrate the pH probe and set the solenoid on your CO2 tank to only turn on when the pH in the calcium reactor is above a certain point. I think the function you have to choose is controller.

how do i set it.......does it go plugged directly to a pc4? im assuming it is........

Ok, so for this I am just gonna say that you plugged the solenoid into PC4 Number 1 Channel 2. I am at work so bear with me trying to remember the menu flow.

1 - Press Out on the RKE Head Unit.
2 - Press Enter to select PC4 number 1.
3 - Arrow down to Channel 2 and press Enter.
4 - Press Enter to go into Channel Mode.
5 - Change it to Auto.
6 - Save and go back to the menu you selected Channel Mode on.
7 - Now arrow down to New Function and press Enter
8 - The function you want is controller.
9 - Then the Device is pH (you will need to select the proper SL1 or SL2, when you arrow to one the light should flash on it to indicate which one you are on)
10 - Set Point - arrow till you reach your desired pH level for the reactor. Most likely around 6.8
11 - Hysteresis - I would leave this at 0, if you change this to say .2, this means that your pH could fluctuate .2 above or below the set point.
12 - On When - set to above.
13 - Make sure you save or all will be lost when you back out.

Ok, so for this I am just gonna say that you plugged the solenoid into PC4 Number 1 Channel 2. I am at work so bear with me trying to remember the menu flow.

1 - Press Out on the RKE Head Unit.
2 - Press Enter to select PC4 number 1.
3 - Arrow down to Channel 2 and press Enter.
4 - Press Enter to go into Channel Mode.
5 - Change it to Auto.
6 - Save and go back to the menu you selected Channel Mode on.
7 - Now arrow down to New Function and press Enter
8 - The function you want is controller.
9 - Then the Device is pH (you will need to select the proper SL1 or SL2, when you arrow to one the light should flash on it to indicate which one you are on)
10 - Set Point - arrow till you reach your desired pH level for the reactor. Most likely around 6.8
11 - Hysteresis - I would leave this at 0, if you change this to say .2, this means that your pH could fluctuate .2 above or below the set point.
12 - On When - set to above.
13 - Make sure you save or all will be lost when you back out.

dude im printing this right now....lol......im new to all this reef technologies...and first time using a calcium reactor.......also i have a tunze ato..with kalk topoff.....still learning how to use it.....can i connect that to my rke?
yea im at work too.....so im infront of my computer the whole day..........

Back