coral clean-up

Chris L

Nano reefing
BRS Member
what would be the best way to clean up some corals of flatworms. the reason i ask is i am breaking down my wifes nano till we move and i want to add the corals to my main tank but she has a bad flatworm problem. would a fresh water dip do the trick and if so how do i do it? ant suggestions would be greatlty apreciated
thanks chris

I'd get some Flat Worm Exit from AquaAddicts, (not sure if SeaWorld carries that) and dip all the corals in that before moving them.

nate i have tried it at least a dozen times and it looks good for a week or two but then population explosion. its part of the reason we are breaking it down. i just dont want to throw away any corals if i can get them cleaned off. is there anything else i can do ?

chris

i treated the whole tank , since it is only a 12 gallon i didnt see the point of moving everything to a five gallon bucket. sgould i try that for each piece before i add to my main tank?

chris

I used Greenex in my sixty hex about a year and a half ago, suffered no losses, and got rid of a very heavy infestation of them. No, they didn't return.

I've done fresh water dip when adding new corals and it takes less than a min for the buggers to die. If you dont get rid of them though...psycodelic mandrins eat them like candy! (I'm trying to get a population going so I can get a mandrin lol)

jovreef said:
I've done fresh water dip when adding new corals and it takes less than a min for the buggers to die. If you dont get rid of them though...psycodelic mandrins eat them like candy! (I'm trying to get a population going so I can get a mandrin lol)
im sure plenty of people will love to give you their flatworms lol just ask

Back