Could it be true? In tank AEFW treatment

It's another zeoscam product. It supposedly makes your corals more resistant to the AEFW, but of course you should use it for life, at over $100 a bottle...

It's another zeoscam product. It supposedly makes your corals more resistant to the AEFW, but of course you should use it for life, at over $100 a bottle...

So we won't be seeing you use it if it works? I will believe it when I see it

Looks to be coming to the market at $30 for 250ml at a 1ml/100gal treatment

Last edited:
ZeoVit claims:
"this product protects acros by affecting their immune systems"
AEFW is a predator, not a bacteria or virus.
it is like claiming:
"This product protects chicken from being eaten by coyote by affecting chicken's immune system"

ZeoVit claims:
it is like claiming:
"This product protects chicken from being eaten by coyote by affecting chicken's immune system"

Noticed that too. Maybe they meant it will be like frontline is for dogs and cats vs fleas and ticks?

So we won't be seeing you use it if it works? I will believe it when I see it

Looks to be coming to the market at $30 for 250ml at a 1ml/100gal treatment

The only price I can find is in Euros and units in litters. It looks like if I convert, then 1 bottle is about $38 US and 1ml treat 26 gallons. I don't see anything about how often it needs to be used.

ZeoVit claims:
it is like claiming:

I'm not sure I completely agree with that analogy :p there are many predatory organisms (predatory in the sense of a AEFW, maybe a better term would be parasitic) which an immune system may defend against. Also, what constitutes an immune system is a complicated question, especially with invertebrates. That said..... I agree with your underlying point, the claim does sound a bit vague and sketchy. We'll have to wait and see if it works. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath...

Last edited:
I think I saw on the Zeo site it was 29 euros ($37) for the smallest 250ml bottle. At one drop for 100 liters that woud be about 4-5 mls daily for a 100 gal. tank. If I needed it I'd probably wait for a few impartial success stories as most of their "magic" products tend to be common fluids. I think I bought a 250ml bottle of vinegar labeled as "Pohls Magic" for about $30 a couple of years ago. So far reports seem to indicate frequent basting combined with worm eating fish is the best way to manage these pests. The ZEO leaders recomend you use this product forever....

Noticed that too. Maybe they meant it will be like frontline is for dogs and cats vs fleas and ticks?

Frontline works by putting a flea and tick killing chemical inside dog and cats blood stream. it has no effect on cats and dogs' immune system.

Frontline works by putting a flea and tick killing chemical inside dog and cats blood stream. it has no effect on cats and dogs' immune system.

I'm aware, I was just saying that maybe they were saying what their product does in a way they felt most people could understand. Saying you're introducing a toxin that is to be maintained in a tank forever sounds a lot worse than saying the product helps the corals' immune system.

I didn't see that mentioned in the page from the original link. While I certainly share the skepticism, it's not entirely clear to me how it could be something you have to dose forever. If the AEFW's weren't eating your acros, then would they not starve and eventually die off?

Oh I hadn't noticed that. I suppose we're just guessing, but when I read that it sounds like the "minimum 3 months" would be covering the time to make sure an existing outbreak was wiped out, and the recommendation of permanent use would be to prevent any outbreak in the future. Which is a little disturbing as it's basically saying you don't need to bother dipping your corals for AEFW. But hey we'll all be safe as long as every reefer uses this forever! ;)

If you could actually use this to clear out an occurring infestation without losing corals and without laying waste to large swaths of biodiversity, that would be pretty amazing. But I'm not a fan of the idea of using to forever so you don't have to worry about dipping. My main concern would be what else in the tank is killed by this stuff.

Back