Could my clowns be mating?

dcforester1

Finally enjoying my tank
I have only had my clowns for about 2 months, and I have noticed one lays on its side and shakes alot. I read that they do that sometimes, but today they are in the back corner moving sand out, and making a little hole. What do you think they are doing? Maybe just getting to know each other alittle better?

That sounds like normal behavior between paired clowns. Kind of a dominance/submission dance that they do. If they are doing that, AND not beating the snot out of each other, they are probably paired.

Not necessarily a sign that eggs are coming SOON, but a solid sign that you have a pair acting as a pair (which is the first step) :)

Wife always says stop acting like a clown,

I dont know if they sexed, one is bigger than the other, not that much bigger

Attachments

• DSC07494.jpg
    DSC07494.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 108
maybe a better picture next time, and a little bigger. what is usually a good size to post. I dont want to be a show off.......

They don't look like they've truly changed sexes but as John said figuring it out. The female will get much bigger than the male before they would start to mate.

My female is about 3" while my male is about 1.5" and I've had them for about 1.5-2 years and while I've seen them doing the mating dance I've never seen eggs but they could be laying them under the anemone on the rocks where I can't see them...

Back