Cra

Michael Mota

Non-member
I went to CRA the other day to pick up a few things that I needed and I just wanted to post about how great the customer service is at the store. Everyone asked me if I needed help with anything, it is nice to go into a store and have the people remember your name. Jeremy I also wanted to thank you for the time you took out of your busy day to talk to me about the hobby. To me it is refreshing to have such a great store with great people. Reminds me of the old ma and pop stores of the early years. Thanks CRA
Michael Mota

You gotta give them a thumbs up.

Sometimes Jeremy gets flack for not smiling enough or whatever, but overall they are my favorite store. I always ask Jeremy about any questions I have and I really respect his opiniion. There are other great LFS's but CRA is #1 for me (no put down to the other top notch stores, just a compliment to CRA).

Also, their store brand skimmers, Ca reactors, sumps, and HOB fuges are top notch and very reasonablly priced.

100% thumbs up

jk

I agree..... I have their store brand skimmer and I am very satisfied with it... I go in there asking for advice or for help and I know I'm getting the right answer.... Ruth and Jeremy do deserve the thumbs up for sure....

CRA has nice livestock but I have never had a good expirence with their customer service...everyone has their own expirences.

I just want to say I agree with the smiling thing.
When I walk into a place as a customer and the people who rely on us to keep their business alive have no personality,then It makes a negative impression that lasts with me.

The first time I went there I was looking for all the equipment for a 90 gallon,A reactor,mh light,skimmer,ect.
The woman seemed O.K. I won't say what I thought of the guy there,He would hardly respond to my questions and it seemed like he was talking down to me.Very lifeless.What a first impression.I left there very negative.
I figured it was a good sale and he'd be happy.
But I kept hearing good things from friends that went there so I gave them a second chance.If they hadn't talked me into it,I'd never gone back.

I will say it's better now.He at least talks and make some effort(some) to say hi or thanks.I hear a few people have brought it to his attention.

I hope they give this alot of thought.
They would have a gold mine there if they related to people better.
I know a lot of people that go to other places not for the product,but for the service.Excellent service makes people loyal.
If I'm spending alot of money on something,I'd rather support the store who treats me like a friend than the store that is a blahh atmosphere.

Customer service is something that is lacking everywhere we go now,I've noticed at resturants,stores and especially home depot(lol)

They have all the makings a good reefer would love,they have a great store,good price's,they're own CRA products,awesome corals,cool display tank with some real big,nice fish.I like that they hold the fish for a week.That means alot to me.

I just wish they were friendlier.
I hope people don't feel like I'm trashing a place,I just feel It's an honest opinion that can help them be a greater store.

I have nothing bad to say about the place. The quality of their products, and their knowledge of the hobby is among the best around.

As for customer service, I also have nothing bad to say. Jeremy replaced one of my ballast, when it blew. I bought the fixture used, and he was not obligated to replace it at all.

Also, When my wife goes up there to buy livestock, they take the time to explain everything for her. Ocassionally, she comes back, and teaches me something new.

It is a great store!!!

jrmx635 said:
I just want to say I agree with the smiling thing.
When I walk into a place as a customer and the people who rely on us to keep their business alive have no personality,then It makes a negative impression that lasts with me.

The first time I went there I was looking for all the equipment for a 90 gallon,A reactor,mh light,skimmer,ect.
The woman seemed O.K. I won't say what I thought of the guy there,He would hardly respond to my questions and it seemed like he was talking down to me.Very lifeless.What a first impression.I left there very negative.
I figured it was a good sale and he'd be happy.
But I kept hearing good things from friends that went there so I gave them a second chance.If they hadn't talked me into it,I'd never gone back.

I will say it's better now.He at least talks and make some effort(some) to say hi or thanks.I hear a few people have brought it to his attention.

I hope they give this alot of thought.
They would have a gold mine there if they related to people better.
I know a lot of people that go to other places not for the product,but for the service.Excellent service makes people loyal.
If I'm spending alot of money on something,I'd rather support the store who treats me like a friend than the store that is a blahh atmosphere.

Customer service is something that is lacking everywhere we go now,I've noticed at resturants,stores and especially home depot(lol)

They have all the makings a good reefer would love,they have a great store,good price's,they're own CRA products,awesome corals,cool display tank with some real big,nice fish.I like that they hold the fish for a week.That means alot to me.

I just wish they were friendlier.
I hope people don't feel like I'm trashing a place,I just feel It's an honest opinion that can help them be a greater store.

Not to mention he is a Denver Bronco Fan!!!!

Jeremy does smile sometimes, he's just sneaky about it:)

I have nothing bad to say about the place, Jeremy can come off as pretty distant or something But he DOES help you, answer questions honestly and even joke around, he's just real mellow about it.

I've been down to CRA once or twice, and was very impressed. Jeremy is kind of quiet (which is fine, I'm quiet), and hes a Broncos fan :mad:. I kind of like stores with quiet staff. Sometimes you go somewhere and can't get a word in endwise, and thats totally not helpful.

Last time I was there, I had about a 45 minute conversation with Jeremy about needlewheels: not everyone's cup of tea, but different strokes for different folks.

I've never bought any livestock from them, just equipment.

All I'm gonna say is....... What would we do without Coral Reef Aquarium ???? Or Ruth or Jeremy ???? I am very lucky to have CRA and Fishy Business as lfs..... Take Jeremy for who he is and if it bothers you that much, don't go there... I would rather have Jeremy than the guys up the street that attack you like car salesmen...

Last edited:
Mod Note:
Everyone's free to contribute their own experiences and opinions to threads like this. Please don't discourage others from sharing their two-cents.

Thanks, Nate

I always enjoy a visit to CRA.I have appreciated jeremy's advice on more than one occasion.They have some great corals( the ones i want are never for sale though,but you an get them with patience and arm twisting:D )
IMO jeremy's biggest attribute is his honesty,he will tell you if it is a piece of crap and not to waste your money,even if it is on his shelf for sale.

He is alright being a denver fan and all, i guess I won't hold that against him...someday they might win. Really its a great store, lots of knowledge to be shared.

I hate this shop because it is too far from me.:rolleyes:

On a serious note, CRA has one of the best acropora collections in stock in the area. The prices are reasonable and Jeremy is a great guy. He is extremely knowledgeable and has always treated me well...I just wish this store was closer to me!:D

I personally love the store. The 1st time I visited I thought Jeremy was not friendly. Since visiting a couple more times I realize he is initially a little shy and tends to be reserved by nature. He is very honest and knowledgeable and helpful IME. Also he is very principled in his dealings with customers and IME doesn't jack up the price every time something comes in that is a little on the rare side or a little colorful. Very reasonable prices.

I do wish it didn't take forever to get there. I dread that ride. How about relocation to the north shore?

Yea Jeremy, time to franchise.

CRA II in sudbury, CRA III up north near Jake.

Wait, nevermind on CRA II in sudbury, I couldn't afford it.

please no comparisons to other stores in the VE forum. thanks :)
Retail workers know why Jeremy and Ruth are quiet sometimes....its the children screaming Nemonemonemo! all the while banging on a tank of fragile babies.
I can't help it, anyone think he's quiet should serve the public for a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do serve the public,for 9 years now.
And if people can't handle serving the public,they shouldn't own a store.
To sell to the public is not just providing the product.
It providing customer satisfaction.one needs social skills.One needs to be PLEASANT!!!!
Treat every customer the best you can including kids.
Show them your thankful and appreciate the business they bring.
And they will keep coming back and not typing about negative experiences.

Back