Difficult Choice - Giving Away My Reef Tank

JavaJones

Non-member
NOTE: Please don't contact me until I announce this separately.

I plan to give away my reef tank as soon as possible. My partner got a hard-to-believe job offer in Central New York and I may either end up living between there and here or moving completely. So I am trying to minimize my day-to-day responsibilities. One of the hardest conclusions is that I have eliminate my tank for now. I will keep the lighting and skimmer but have to figure out the least difficult and least time-consuming way to give away a RR 75G tank and its stand, spare 29 & 10 G tanks, a 33 G sump, about 120 lbs of live rock (encrusted with both coralline and, unfortunately, a lot of hair algae), 2 great anemones (BTAs, one rose and the other purple-tipped), mature 3 - 4 year-old false perc and pj cardinal, a large green brittle star, a nice christmas tree coral, an elusive pistol shrimp, a chocolate chip star from my refugium (the sand and its contents will be available) about a hundred lbs of southdown and caribsea sand, assorted pumps, etc.

Here's the challenge: I want this to go in one afternoon to one person, preferably a paid up club member. I can help by supplying a few 5 Gallon buckets, but I'd like to have as little as possible to do with the breakdown and the physical moving. Pickup would be in Chinatown.

How should I go about setting this up? Existing members probably have a tank and do not need a small 75G tank, people who don't have a tank are probably not yet members...

PS: there's a whole lot of chromis - about 8 some large ones... and a wonderfully healthy, fat, bright yellow clown goby... and a lot of snails.

Might not be THAT hard to find a paid-up club member who doesn't have a tank! :D ;)

Sorry to hear about your move, but this sounds like a nice thing to do for the club.

If you just want a paid member to get it post it in the "member's only" for sale threads... Sorry to hear about the dilema...

Sorry to hear about your situation but it sounds like the good that is happening with you both outweighs the bad.:eek:

It is very nice of you to want to help out another member of the club that way.:) I'm sure there must be some paid members who do not currently have a reef tank for whatever reason, but would love and care for one.

If you just want a paid member to get it post it in the "member's only" for sale threads

Good idea. :)

NOTE: Please don't contact me until I announce this separately.

I plan to give away my reef tank as soon as possible. My partner got a hard-to-believe job offer in Central New York and I may either end up living between there and here or moving completely. So I am trying to minimize my day-to-day responsibilities. One of the hardest conclusions is that I have eliminate my tank for now. I will keep the lighting and skimmer but have to figure out the least difficult and least time-consuming way to give away a RR 75G tank and its stand, spare 29 & 10 G tanks, a 33 G sump, about 120 lbs of live rock (encrusted with both coralline and, unfortunately, a lot of hair algae), 2 great anemones (BTAs, one rose and the other purple-tipped), mature 3 - 4 year-old false perc and pj cardinal, a large green brittle star, a nice christmas tree coral, an elusive pistol shrimp, a chocolate chip star from my refugium (the sand and its contents will be available) about a hundred lbs of southdown and caribsea sand, assorted pumps, etc.

Here's the challenge: I want this to go in one afternoon to one person, preferably a paid up club member. I can help by supplying a few 5 Gallon buckets, but I'd like to have as little as possible to do with the breakdown and the physical moving. Pickup would be in Chinatown.

How should I go about setting this up? Existing members probably have a tank and do not need a small 75G tank, people who don't have a tank are probably not yet members...

PS: there's a whole lot of chromis - about 8 some large ones... and a wonderfully healthy, fat, bright yellow clown goby... and a lot of snails.

I WOULD TAKE 8 OF UR chromis -and a bright yellow clown gobyand some of ur snail please pm me with price when i can pick it up
sorry to hear that u are moveing.

I want this to go in one afternoon to one person, preferably a paid up club member.

Unless I am reading it wrong, I believe JavaJones would prefer to not separate the animals, I think the idea is it would all go to one member (who supports the club)....quick, easy, and painless.:)

I am sure there are paid members that have a smaller tank and would love to take the entire setup, because they may be looking to get a second tank or larger tank (Hint Hint).

My suggestion is also that you put the request in the members only forum with your requirements and see if someone will agree to take everything.

John

Hi,
I have a tank and do not need another but depending on which day you choose I could assist with the breakdown. I am about 10 min from chinatown and have moved a few large 100+ gal tanks. I was a paid member up untill 2 days ago and need to re-up but if it would help you and the lucky recipiant of the stuff, I could lend a hand.

I would love to take the anenomes off your hands as well as the chromis and any corals. Can pick up whenever easiest for you. Let me know. I know you wanted to get rid of it all but I still thought i would throw that out there.

I need an anenome for my clown pair but rent is kicking my *ss at the moment.

I would be more than willing to take all of it if necessary.

I would loooooooooove to take the whole thing. I can pick it up all at once. I was hesitant about taking all of it but i spoke to the lady friend and she said go for it. Its gotta go in the poker room though. :)

Let me know if you decide to choose meeeeeeee (and my wonderful lady friend).

Well, if you want it all back someday I could probably house it for an indeterminate period of time in my basement fish room. I have lights I could throw on it and would just tie it into my current system (~600g at the moment). If you get in a position where you can take it all back, it'd be there for you.

That said, I'm sure you'd make another club member quite happy letting them take it off your hand; my offer would only be if you thought you might want to take it all back at some point.

Back