Digital Aquatics...reefkeeper lite

stormy78

BRS Member
Hey anyone running this system for their tanks...I just got it and its amazing! The amount of control you can have over your tank with one power strip is incredible and their are tons of add ons. If you haven't seen it check it out!

I've had the RKE since it came out. Running 3 strips, SL1, NET and before my AI's came the MLC as well. I'm also running ReefKeeper2. I've been nothing but happy with it and it remains one of the best purchases I made.

I've had the RKE since it came out. Running 3 strips, SL1, NET and before my AI's came the MLC as well. I'm also running ReefKeeper2. I've been nothing but happy with it and it remains one of the best purchases I made.

+1

My only disappointments with DA is their slow response to add network access iPad/iPhone controls that you can find with the Apex system. Also, they tend to over promise, and new stuff always seems to be delayed. But overall, I really like the system.

IVe been using it for a almost 2 years. Its a little hard to set up, and firmware was an issue as well, but once all that was settled, it worked fine.

I have the Reef Keeper Lite. I have a DC4, SL-1, ph and temp probes. I am still waiting for the Salinity probe that they have been working on. (seems like forever) It was somewhat hard to setup. But I am still working on it. Any one use the wavemaker programs it has?

I've always wondered about the salinity probe. From a practical standpoint, why would anyone want one? I mean in a realtively stable system the salinity won't be changing hardly at all. The only time it would change would be if there was a failure of the ATO system... and if that were the case, a float switch would identify that problem. Or amI missing something? I now the salinity in my system is constant and always has been. I have two magnetic float switches in my sump. One monitoring 'normal' water level that controls the ATO and another that watches for 'high water' that would trigger in the event of a run-away ATO (which can't really happen in my system) or if the return pump failed.

yup, it is another way to check for ATO failure, but it also allows you to see how much your salinity varies thru the day... from when your ATO stops, until it starts again.

I do not use one, and really don't see a need, and with the RKE, if you don't want a salinity probe you don't need to buy one. That is what I like about the RKE, you only buy what you want.

I have the Reef Keeper Lite. I have a DC4, SL-1, ph and temp probes. I am still waiting for the Salinity probe that they have been working on. (seems like forever) It was somewhat hard to setup. But I am still working on it. Any one use the wavemaker programs it has?

Ditto what others have said about setup... I was one step away from selling mine on ebay. Had to send it back for firmware updates etc. But, now that its all set its all good. I used to use the wavemaker settings at random until I got a Vortec. I have it running my heaters, frag tank powerheads, and ATO with float switch and temp probes. Also have the PH probe. Agree with the iphone app shortage... the apex ap integration seems much better. having said that I am only going by others I've seen. I don;t have the Net option on the RKL.

Back