Does anybody know what these are. They look like small stars

Shawnburg

Non-member
uploadfromtaptalk1398123205963.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

3 to 4 months. What are hydroids. I have never seen or had them before

Nothing to worry about they will usually show up in a newly established tank. In a month or two they will disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to worry about they will usually show up in a newly established tank. In a month or two they will disappear.

Or if they really are hydroids (I think they are) there are kinds that have a strong sting, are prolific in reeftanks, and can be very invasive :(

OP, can you get pics from another angle? (If they are on your front glass, they are probably also on your back glass and rocks as well)

Or if they really are hydroids (I think they are) there are kinds that have a strong sting, are prolific in reeftanks, and can be very invasive :(

OP, can you get pics from another angle? (If they are on your front glass, they are probably also on your back glass and rocks as well)

I will see if I can get one tomorrow.

These might be brown hydroids you are thinking of. I might be wrong.

Like john said I would try to get a couple more pics.

yeah hydroids......usually on newer tanks but I still see them every now and then on established tanks.

Back