dosing question

J

jokersplayground

i have finally gotten a doser and i have been able to keep my alk stable at 9.3 for a little over two weeks. i have been afraid to do a water change as it will raise my alk. what should i do to keep it at 9.3 when i do the water change? should i wait for it to drop to 9.3 and start dosing again? i thought it was going to be easier but im still a tad lost.

is there something i can buy to lower alk?

if not how would i lower the alk

You question if you should wait for it to drop to 9.3, but if I read correctly it's already at 9.3?

Jim

I think he means his salt mix mixes higher than the 9.3 he is trying to maintain. So post water change, his alk is higher than his desired number of 9.3, thus asking about how to reduce it. Sounds like he is questioning not dosing alk until it drops back down to 9.3. I think. Lol

I think he means his salt mix mixes higher than the 9.3 he is trying to maintain. So post water change, his alk is higher than his desired number of 9.3, thus asking about how to reduce it. Sounds like he is questioning not dosing alk until it drops back down to 9.3. I think. Lol

yes what he said sorry about the confusion.

New parameter=((old parameter*(100-percent water change)+(freshly mixed parameter*percent water change))/2

You can use this formula to find out how any parameter is affected from water change. Or any new different parameter water. You will see that a 10-15% water change will not change the parameter much and should not be a concern.
And of course, my question is always why would you use something so high in alk that you have to use muratic acid to lower it in order to use it.

reef crystals is high in alk fyi ... and somewhat inconsistent from batch to batch

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Back