ever wonder what AEFW eggs look like? two great pics...

a man who does it right... gotta love it :) kudo's to you my friend... i hope to have a proper coral QT setup going within the next 6 months myself...

Yeah...unfortunatly he had to learn the hard way...total devastation to his tank way back....man that was ugly....I'll bet chuck can give you better images than r posted as of recent on rc of the aefw & eggs....He had tons of pics...just do a search under his name for posts...he had tons of images!!

HTH anyone who really isn't aware of the precautions that need to b taken when introducing new corals!! if any newbie needs any advice in regards to dipping shoot me a pm

Just an FWI Wilfx and my acros were dipped and then put into a QT tank for over a month with no signs of any pests. They had been in the DT for 3 months also, with no signs of pests till a couple weeks ago. These are nasty nasty pests. It's so sad to see these once beautiful corals now a white dead coral...

Sorry to hear Michelle I know the feeling I have a bucket full of those on my porch. Like I told Bob when your ready I will hook you with some frags.

Just an FWI Wilfx and my acros were dipped and then put into a QT tank for over a month with no signs of any pests. They had been in the DT for 3 months also, with no signs of pests till a couple weeks ago. These are nasty nasty pests. It's so sad to see these once beautiful corals now a white dead coral...

well we have had member sell off complete system and after a year and half tell everyone they may have had them and low and behold they had them alright never saw them until they went looking

Question is did you treat everything you put in the tank from the very beginning? If you miss one egg you are screwed these things can be there for a year or two without detection.

I will also add more and more people are turning up with these using the commercial products out there. I nuke the ever living bejezzus out my corals, doesn't matter who it came from, if they die so be it.

Sad though this is going to continue to unfold seems people are not being upfront that they have these and are actively selling/trading. Might be an assumption on my part but it has been seen too many times from flatworms > redbugs > AEFW and everything inbetween

Wow that stinks Bob and Michelle. I just clipped a bunch of SPS from my DT to replace the ones in my frag tank. They're yours when you're ready.

I agree with everything Greg said... however, i dont feel red bugs are even on the same level as AEFW... red bugs are pretty easy to treat imo...

anyhow, thanks to everyone who has helped educate others in this thread... we need more stuff like this around here... :)

I agree with everything Greg said... however, i dont feel red bugs are even on the same level as AEFW... red bugs are pretty easy to treat imo...

anyhow, thanks to everyone who has helped educate others in this thread... we need more stuff like this around here... :)

I agree from what I've read, RB are a lot easier to eradicate than AEFW.

FWIW, my newly aquired corals are in QT for at least a month and the tank is treated weekly to ensure that any newly hatched FWs are killed.

The you weren't around when we only had redbugs and didn't know about AEFW's

The education has always been here that is for sure, the help not so much anymore to many abused that one.

Back