Feeding salmon to anemones?

Mine seems to really enjoy it. No I’ll effects but I only feed when I buy salmon for the house and trim it

In the past I used to feed salmon chunks to my RBTAs. They would seem to happily take the food, but would often spit out substantial and nasty leftovers.
More recently I've been feeding salmon or shrimp/salmon puree (dzt recipe thread) and they seem to take it at least as well but I don't see any leftovers being spit back out.

In the past I used to feed salmon chunks to my RBTAs. They would seem to happily take the food, but would often spit out substantial and nasty leftovers.
More recently I've been feeding salmon or shrimp/salmon puree (dzt recipe thread) and they seem to take it at least as well but I don't see any leftovers being spit back out.
Same observation here.

This is a csb that has been completely green and grayed out for the past 6 months. It's very faint but in the right hand corner it's regaining its color, that fiery orange is starting to come back. This was after only 2 weeks of feeding it Amino soaked salmon, and setting it up with an AI Prime above it at 30%. I have been eagerly searching for information on how to make its recovery possible. Others told me from other groups explicitly not to feed salmon, because of Mercury ect. Just be mindful "treatment" plans you get from others. Ask questions like have you experienced this problem before, how long has it been since you treated something like this, what was your success rate? Is there a more holistic approach? I did everything on the strength of other groups from Cipro dips, to treating the whole tank with different medications. Marine life veterinarians, Nationwide emails sent out to the vet Cor organization (wife works there) and then some. After banging my head against the wall because I hate when I can't solve a problem, I Googled superfoods. Didn't want to feed avocado so salmon it is. Praying for a full recovery. We are on the right path.

Attachments

• 20230404_190358.jpg
    20230404_190358.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 73
Mercury in Salmon is low,
See this list below

• Swordfish: 0.995 ppm
  • Shark: 0.979 ppm
  • King mackerel: 0.730 ppm
  • Bigeye tuna: 0.689 ppm
  • Marlin: 0.485 ppm
  • Canned tuna: 0.128 ppm
  • Cod: 0.111 ppm
  • American lobster: 0.107 ppm
  • Whitefish: 0.089 ppm
  • Herring: 0.084 ppm
  • Hake: 0.079 ppm
  • Trout: 0.071 ppm
  • Crab: 0.065 ppm
  • Haddock: 0.055 ppm
  • Whiting: 0.051 ppm
  • Atlantic mackerel: 0.050 ppm
  • Crayfish: 0.035 ppm
  • Pollock: 0.031 ppm
  • Catfish: 0.025 ppm
  • Squid: 0.023 ppm
  • Salmon: 0.022 ppm
  • Anchovies: 0.017 ppm
  • Sardines: 0.013 ppm
  • Oysters: 0.012 ppm
  • Scallops: 0.003 ppm
  • Shrimp: 0.001 ppm

Compare to Whitefish(0.089 ppm), which is one of the primary ingredients of some popular frozen food, Salmon has much lower mercury content (0.022 ppm). Please feel free to share this information with folks in the other group.

These are the only ones I'm feeding that often because I'm trying to nurse them back to health. So far I see a positive result so I will continue
I haven't seen them reject the food or do an "invertebrate water change" no odd behavior.

Back