Fish acclimation

MarkSzy

BRS Member
I’m not sure if this will help any of you in the future but I feel like it saved my new addiction.

To start off the story I bought a CBB and it was fully quarantined so it was time to add it to my DT. I added the fish before the lights came on and then made sure to feed my fish to help with aggression but one of my tangs seemed set on chasing it so I turned off the lights for the day.

The next day the CBB still wouldn’t eat and just hid a corner of the tank until the tang chased him to another one. Afraid of my time and effort into the CBB I got him into an acclimation box. I put food in and a rock with Aiptasia on it (the reason I wanted a CBB) into the acclimation box. This all seemed to make the fish calm down and act normal, well for a while anyway. The CBB then seemed to get stressed again by being stuck in the box, so I decided to open the top and let the CBB decide.

The CBB did decide to leave for awhile but when it got chased ran right back to the box. Then it repeated the cycle for awhile and no other fish would go into the box. The CBB is now eating all the food in the box including the Aiptasia and ventures out when it wants but has a safe place when it wants also. I plan to remove the box in a couple days but we will see.

I hope this helps with someone else fish acclimation journey one day and wasn’t just a fluke.

Back