Frag tank light

jmo, but a 6 bulb t5 would work great... ATI or geissemann bulbs only... a teklight would work fine, there is no reason for an ATI fixture... all jmo...

of course others will suggest something else for a fixture, a bulb count, and probably bulbs... or halides or leds... its up to you really, but t5 are proven to do a great job without the heat and power consumption of halides... and myself, im not sold on leds yet...

Ya I'm tryen to avoid halides cuz of heat. I'm setting up a frag tank and breeding setup but still don't know what lights I need I was thinking 6 bulbs as well but I'm not hanging them they are gona sit right on the tank so looking for input. Thx Neal for the response.

2x150W MHs would be fine and really shouldn't have heat issues. You don't really start getting "hot" until about 250ish. However, 6-T-5s would be fine as well. LEDs can work, but IMO it's much more important to have a good understanding of some more advanced topics than with other lights. If you don't understand the terms "PAR", "PUR", "optics", "CRI", "photo-saturation", "photo-inhibition" etc... then LEDs may be more of a gamble. If you can find someone with a similar set-up that's really producing good results, then you can probably get away with just copying what they are doing. Unfortunately LEDs are still new enough, and offer such a wide range of configurations, that it isn't always (maybe even often) the case, so, you tend to need to know a bit more to avoid getting burned IMHO.

Back