GLASS cages for small tanks?

well the optimum for me would be 36x24x18.....Once upgraded its a tad expensive and would require a custom stand..

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=OrderForm&sProdID=AQ_65Wide

add starfire, overflow, acrylic overflow,black silicone, custom stand, shipping and I could have bought a 120 tech tank ;)

it would also pose the problem of having a center brace requiring me to use 2 halide bulbs..........

All glass aka aqueon sells the 50g size also, problem is it has a center brace.....Sure i could cut it but I forsee a wavebox down the line......

Maybe I'll get lucky and Liam custom tanks inc. will build one for me for a fee :D

Last edited:
Can go either way with glass cages, probably one reason they are so cheap. There frames on the top and bottom are very low qualiy and not structural as they are not one piece. Their silicone work can leave much to be desired. Mine came out pretty good but was going in wall so I was willing to take the chance since it wouldn't show anyway.

well the optimum for me would be 36x24x18.....Once upgraded its a tad expensive and would require a custom stand..

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=OrderForm&sProdID=AQ_65Wide

add starfire, overflow, acrylic overflow,black silicone, custom stand, shipping and I could have bought a 120 tech tank ;)

it would also pose the problem of having a center brace requiring me to use 2 halide bulbs..........

All glass aka aqueon sells the 50g size also, problem is it has a center brace.....Sure i could cut it but I forsee a wavebox down the line......

Maybe I'll get lucky and Liam custom tanks inc. will build one for me for a fee :D

I just built a 36x24x18 for Valentine and I'm in the middle of a 36x24x24 for me. :D I have to say, after seeing the 36x24x18 - it is a REALLY nice size - I'm kind of wishing I went with 18" height instead of 24". No centerbrace - maybe she'll post some pictures as I neglected to take any. :eek:

I'm planning on lighting mine with a single 250W full size LA.

yah that will work great with the 24" height, I'm going for the 18" so i can use a 150w.

I ended up using a 400W on mine that is 36" long and 24 high. I tried a single 250 in a full size luminarc about 10" off the water and the edges were very dim. I was actually using daylight VHO's on the end to light it all. Went to the 400 and raised it to 12" and it works great. Hopefully you will be happy with the lighing.

Back