Glass cages

dannyp02908

Non-member
My tank is older and has some scratches. I can have on in the same dimensions (built into wall so trying to keep the size) from glass cages for decent money. I hear alot of issues with this company. Any one have personal experience or know the scoop?

I can't help with info about them but is your wall space limited? I would go bigger if you have the space. It just seems like a lot of time, money and effort just to keep the same size.

it is limited on the wall i have. plus its already built out. all i have to do is pull the moulding. stand is already built to size, all is cut to size, plumbing is in place. plus i like the size. its 24 deep which is about as deep as im willing to go (to reach bottom, im in up to my pits, literally), 5 ft across the front (no 6 footer but not 4 either) and 18 inches front to back. i wouldnt mind 24 inches to the back, but to make it that deep, i have to pull down the new walls and doors i built in the back room and build them again. that would make that room smaller.

People will slam glass cages, but I have had mine up for about a year. i bought it second hand and for the money, I love it. I had a miracles tank next to it, and yes it was/is much nicer, but just like anything else you get what you pay for. The silicone on my tank isn't the nicest, but if you pack it with inch coral no one will be looking at the seams.

Good Luck.

I have a 65 long from them and have no complaints. However, they are hit or miss from what I've read online. I guess I was one of the lucky ones :)

thanks. It seems i can get the dimensions i want with overflow and starfire front for around 700 + freight. Anywhere else you could recommend checking? I know miracles is easily double. Or if someone has this dimension for sale randomly. that would work. I have an old Oceanic 110RR. Its just scratched up in the front.

I had a chance to see And witness a lot of tanks built by Glasscages when I came to pick up my from their delivery truck a couple of months ago in Sharon/Ma

Off all the 20+ tanks that I saw from the truck, all of them have great silicon work. Silicon line were very clean & smooth
A couple of black silicon tanks look terrific as well. Unbelievable job
However, they somewhat disappointed me on their last trip to Boston because i ordered a rimless but my tank did not come rimless
(they refunded the money right away). I ended up re-order again and the tank will be here this Sunday

not sure why there are are quite a few bad reviews on their silicon but all the tank that I saw made by them including my tank - they did a great job on the silicon

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 148
not sure why there are are quite a few bad reviews on their silicon but all the tank that I saw made by them including my tank - they did a great job on the silicon

I bought a 140 from them (36x36x24) and the silicone job was less than impressive especially on the bottom and the eurobracing on the top. A lot of it was silicone on the outside of the seam and could be cleaned up with a razor blade but it was far from perfect. My tank is in wall so I knew I clould hide the seams if needed so it wasn't a concern/ I would do another one in wall in a heart beat but would go another route if it were to be a show piece. Many other tanks lokked like mine on the delivery truck. This was about 5 years ago so not sure if quality has changed over time.

Back