got my 2 part kit from bulk reef supply! (help please)

Not sure how big or elaborate you system is, but if it were me, I would get the parms in check, go very slow with the alk. Once you do this, figure out how much alk and calc solution you need daily and then split this up in the am and pm. you might need to start at say 20 ml daily and work up from there. I think you have a small system...

As far as the mag goes, I beleive that my mag mainly drops when I do water changes............maybe add some mag to your new water when you perform your water changes.

the whole process looks wicked confusing initially, but isnt once you get the hang of it

btw if you go the pump route, you would need a pump that doses accuratly. I think these are expensive, this is pretty important with small systems

i did not dose all that at one time. i appolige i should of added that, i did it in 1/2's. i did 1/2 last night and 1/2 this morning before work.

i am currently trying to get the doseing down to a sicence. i can see it becomeing more constant day by day.

my system is a 29 gallon biocube HQI with ~15 gallon sump/refugium

Coral: 7 sps frags, anonme(*spelling), acan frag and hammer coral
also coraline alage

heres the past 2 days:

~9:30 pm
ALK 3/13 = 7.5dkh Dosed: 42.8 ml to get to 9dkh
CAL 3/13 = 400 Dosed: 81.8 ml to get to 420
MAG 3/13 = 1200 Dosed: 350 ml to get to 1350

~8:30 pm
ALK 3/14 = 8.5dkh Dosed: 14.2ml to get to 9dkh
CAL 3/14 = 400ppm Dosed: 81.8ml to get to 420ppm
MAG 3/14 = 1500ppm Dosed: nothing

my Mag is a bit high as recommended range is 1200-1400 ppm (bulk reef supply is 1350ppm
(thats what i shoot for))

1.4 seems like a big jump, where did you see that? Everything I have read is to SAFELY adjust Alk it should be no more than .5 in a day

Back