Greenx treatment thread

TBoisvert

Non-member
Well, for the last three days, my husband has siphoned the tank of any flatworms that could be seen. They seem to come out when the lights come on, so he just used a siphon to remove anything moving about the rock and overflows. He then tore apart the overflows and cleaned everything out. This was done on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Last night, he pulled all of the rock out and turkey basted them in a tub of fresh salt water and removed any worms that could be seen.

Today we treated the tank with 1ml/10 gallons of greenx. After waiting one hour there didn't seem to be any dead worms floating about (even though the clean up efforts over the last few days seemed to rid the tank of almost all of the population). After alot of watching and searching for worms, we spotted a few of them wandering about a rock. We decided to go ahead and add .5ml/10 gallons of treatment again. After waiting about 45 minutes we saw that the worms were now detached from the rock and were able to suction them out of the tank. We then used a turkey baster to suck up the worms from the rock. There really weren't too many, but when we removed them and put them in a container, they were dead. At this point we turned the skimmer back on and did a 30 gallon water change, then ran carbon through a fresh filter sock (seeing that this is where the most flow is in the sump). All inverts, corals and fish showed no signs of stress and everything seems to be doing well even now (about 4+ hours later). The only thing that seems to have died along with the flatworms are the little tiny whitish starfish that populate the tank. Other than that the only other thing that came of it was that my sun polyps orange color turned a bit greenish!

All seems to be well and we have also removed 4 of the 6 damsels that we threw in the tank. Only two more to remove. Not bad!!!!!!

Jeremy and Ruth, thank you for your help and I will keep you posted.

Tammie and Bob

Glad to hear things are going well. You might want to use the greenex leftover for treating incoming rocks or corals.

Things are great.... no sign of flatworms. I cannot thank you enough! I am going to do another water change in the morning. That should wrap things up. It was worth the effort and I had no problems whatsoever due to taking the time to remove any visible flatworms from the tank over a three day period. No issues at all.

Tammie

Back