Hair algae

bettez8789

BRS Member
I’m going crazy I can’t get this long hair algae away it’s killing all liking to my fish tank I have urchins, fox face everything to eat this crap and they don’t touch it any help would be amazing thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 64
Fish and inverts don't usually eat HA when its long. They will eat the 6 o'clock shadow if you know what I mean. You must manually remove as much as you can and then they will go to town. A seahare will definitely go to town on HA. What's your PO4 at? If high you need to lower it. Cut down on the time your lights are on. Cut back on your feeding. This will make the fish hungry and force them to do their jobs.

I had very long GHA in my 15 gal tank when new. I cleaned it up with a toothbrush before a water change and it never came back.

Before:
20230803_075951.jpg

Afterwards:
20230812_215042_2.jpg

Fish and inverts don't usually eat HA when its long. They will eat the 6 o'clock shadow if you know what I mean. You must manually remove as much as you can and then they will go to town. A seahare will definitely go to town on HA. What's your PO4 at? If high you need to lower it. Cut down on the time your lights are on. Cut back on your feeding. This will make the fish hungry and force them to do their jobs.
Yeah my po4 is 10 really high and I think it’s due to feeding human grade shrimp and stuff

That really isn't high unless you mean 10.0 Mine is @ 0.30. if it is that high then try to control your feeding. You will also need to look into ways to lower your po4. Also start to manually remove as much of the HA as you can.

Back