Hair algae

There are lots of solutions to high phosphate. Water changes, refugiums, gfo, lanthinum chloride. It’s probably worth doing some research on which one is going to work for you.

Well po4 and no3 are kind of on the high side. I will try to bring those down a bit. To lower po4 you can try gfo, rowaphos, phosphat-e from brightwell aquatics, or you can carbon dose. The later will also help with your no3 but that can also be taken care of with water changes.

If your pH is truly 7.4 I’d watch out doing a large water change. You may raise the pH too fast and convert a significant amount of ammonium into ammonia and crash the tank.

Are you using RODI water? How often are you changing each of the canisters (if you are making your own RODI)?

If your pH is truly 7.4 I’d watch out doing a large water change. You may raise the pH too fast and convert a significant amount of ammonium into ammonia and crash the tank.

Are you using RODI water? How often are you changing each of the canisters (if you are making your own RODI)?
I’m using well water I know that has phosphate in it but that’s the only thing I can do ro water is way to much to keep doing it with my 220 and a system will run my well dry

I’m using well water I know that has phosphate in it but that’s the only thing I can do ro water is way to much to keep doing it with my 220 and a system will run my well dry
You're batting a thousand lol. So are you using straight well water in your system?

You could run a large fuge, GFO, lanthanum chloride dripped into the center of your skimmer

The well water is the reason your pH is so low. It has excess CO2 in it. You need to run the well water through your RO into a holding tank. That water you would have to aerate it to bring the ph up and then pump it through your DI. Not doing it this way you will struggle with low ph and burn through your DI. You could dose a few drops of phosphat-e in the container your aerating your water. Then pump it through a settlement filter and then through your DI.

The well water is the reason your pH is so low. It has excess CO2 in it. You need to run the well water through your RO into a holding tank. That water you would have to aerate it to bring the ph up and then pump it through your DI. Not doing it this way you will struggle with low ph and burn through your DI. You could dose a few drops of phosphat-e in the container your aerating your water. Then pump it through a settlement filter and then through your DI.
Not to mention the TDS of well water will always be a losing battle on top of this, assuming you don’t have crazy filtration on your well

I don’t want to sound like a Debbie downer but your well water is most likely the culprit. No matter how much manual removal until you get that under control it will never be fine. Your ph is dangerously low as well. Does your tank have corals in it? Type? If an rodi is truly not an option most local fish stores sell rodi water that would be your best bet. If not distilled water from the market would be better then your well. Honestly tho an rodi is probably your best bang for your buck, they are not expensive now a days.

Does your house have a whole water filtration or is it just straight in. When I was growing up my house I lived in had a well and whole house filtration system. If I hooked my rodi up to it the cartridges would get smoked fast so we had a plumber come out and put a hose adapter on before the house filter. Granted I did go through a decent amount of rodi filters but if your going to be in this hobby and keeping corals rodi is almost a must to keep corals happy. There are systems from spectrapure that use a 1:1 ratio of good/bad water you could invest in.

Back