Hair algae

bettez8789

BRS Member
Hello everyone I have a problem with hair algae I was wondering if I could use a dosing hydrogen peroxide or will that kill my coral if it will what’s the best way to get rid of it all thanks

Hello everyone I have a problem with hair algae I was wondering if I could use a dosing hydrogen peroxide or will that kill my coral if it will what’s the best way to get rid of it all thanks
What's your clean up crew look like. I've had great luck with manual removal and Mexican turbo snails in the past.

I have puffer and triggers and a goat fish that like to flip them and eat them out
What size system? What are your parameters? What equipment are you using? What are you doing for nutrient export? How long has the system been up and running.

I have a 180 gallon and a 45 gallon sump I have a protein skimmer and filter socks and a uv sterilizer it’s been running for about 2 years

I had a problem with hair algae and tried everything I could think of to rid it. I even spent every weekend taking the rocks out and scrubbing them by hand and spraying them with peroxide. I used Brightwell Revive and it took care of the problem.

I had a problem with hair algae and tried everything I could think of to rid it. I even spent every weekend taking the rocks out and scrubbing them by hand and spraying them with peroxide. I used Brightwell Revive and it took care of the problem.
Does that affect coral
do you have a picture of the product

Does that affect coral

do you have a picture of the product
Sure thing! See below. My tank is 90% acropora and I didn't have any problem. Just make sure to follow the instructions.

1698673211620.png

When my first tank had hair algae and dino, i did everything that I could but gave up at the end.
hair algae is very hard to eradicate so sometimes it's just quicker to start all over again (if you have no livestocks )

When my first tank had hair algae and dino, i did everything that I could but gave up at the end.
hair algae is very hard to eradicate so sometimes it's just quicker to start all over again (if you have no livestocks )
I have live stock and it’s a 220 not starting over lol

I think the results of the test suggest the problem. Hydrogen peroxide won’t help your phosphates so I’d look into removal of the algae after the root cause has been addressed.

Do you mean .1 phosphate? Most people aim for .1 or less. 10ppm would be immensely high.
I'd suggest getting some test kits that are easier to read.
Either way the color turned super purple
I think the results of the test suggest the problem. Hydrogen peroxide won’t help your phosphates so I’d look into removal of the algae after the root cause has been addressed.
whats the my opinions on removing phosphate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 52
Back