Has anybody read this book: Reef Keeping Basics

cobraz

Zoa Pirate
Has anybody read this book.

Reef Keeping Basics..

Is it any good and where did you get it - other than his site ?

Attachments

• reef-ebook-medium.jpg
    reef-ebook-medium.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 176
I spoke to someone about this about a week back. I did not think it was a "book". I came away with the impression it is a .PDF book of interviews.

Alas, I have not seen it in person, but I am happy to read your copy and let you know what I think.

To those who are curious

Hi guys and gals,

Here's some info that I'm sure you'll appreciate - it's 'straight from the horses mouth!' :D

That being said . . . My name is Eric and happen to be the publisher and co-author of the book "Reef Keeping Basics - Successful Reef Management."

I've been in the hobby for about 18 years and thought what a cool idea to put together . . . :)

As knowledge is a good thing in this hobby, you can never read too much in this hobby!

It's a book by hobbyists, for hobbyists.

To be clear on what kind of book it is - it's not some inexpensive pdf ebook just of interviews. It's actually an executable ebook similar to like browsing the internet when you read it. There is no installing, you just download it to your computer and start reading it.

I'm very happy to say that it's been getting rave reviews - FishLore.com gives it a 4.5 star review and of course there are others that have commented about it as well!

Our goal as saltwater fish and reef keeping hobbyists is to be able to successfully maintain a beautiful, pristine yet stable mini-ocean environment, all the while maintaining the proper conditions for the health of our fishy pets which would include the fish, the invertebrates, the corals and all the other living organisms!

What this book does is to help people along in their 'journey' of this fantastic hobby and hopefully help them in their success of it. It's a front-seat look into the minds of 14 dedicated reef keeping hobbyists with a combined total of 110 years experience!

You will not find any other book that will have the this kind of practical advice in one place, it's a book where you can learn from the hobbyists mistakes and of course be able to learn what works. :)

Some very knowledgable individuals within this hobby contributed to the writing of the book, you might be familiar with their names:

Richard Durso
Kevin Pockell
Marc Levenson
John Susbilla
Joe Burger

. . . to name just a few

Without a doubt, these guys have contributed in one way or another to this hobby of ours!

If anyone is willing to learn more about this wonderful hobby, this is just another great book to further people along!

We all like 'eye candy' right!? There are 345+ digital images of fish, corals and inverts that are shared and a total of 700+ 'pages' of awesome info contained within this 'book'!

It's a 36 Mb book! yeah - HUGE!

So it doesn't come close to a pdf!! :eek:

Hopefully this answers some of you who are curious!

So what ya' all waiting for!? You should go take a peak at: http://www.reefkeepingbasics.com

Eric
(((Reef Tsunami)))

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back