Has anyone kept ghost/grass shrimp

marco67

Smart is.. a box of rocks
BRS Member
alive for any amount of time?

I'm guessing season and opportunity to collect them is right around the corner. I'd like to keep some at least short term if not better (3 lions, 1 wartskin, 2 eels, trigger and some bad a$$ wrasses). I'm thinking maybe a 15 or 20 gallon with a local sand bed, marsh grass, just ambient temp and a small aquaclear.

i catch 1000s in the summer and breed some in the summer time when i come home. I have kept them in my fuge's for a little over a year. I do not believe their life span is longer then 3 years anyway judging by how fast they grow and how many freakin' babies they have at one time... i think 1 year max is my best guess at normal reef temps. Maybe longer at cooler (low 60's) water

Awesome it looks pretty simple from all the reading I did last night .... looks like a stop down to the flats is in order today.

Yep.
Biggest problem I've usually had is that the fish I put them in with eventually get big enough to start chasing them and mine end up eaten or stuck to the cover glass on the tank :(

A bunch by themselves should do great.

Back