Have any of you guys & gals seen this system??

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
One of the best I have ever seen,750 with a 300 gallon sump.
eek.gif

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=573514

Wow pretty cool thread. I have to say this is my favorite large tank:

http://www.oregonreef.com/index.html

Everything looks so natural. I also loved the pics of GT's tank, I don't remember how big it was but theres a thread on here about it. I love the threads about the large tanks. Some are just unbelieveable. :)

Nikkoli110 said:

Everything looks so natural. I also loved the pics of GT's tank, I don't remember how big it was but theres a thread on here about it. I love the threads about the large tanks. Some are just unbelieveable.
holy crap...12 metal halides...that's gotta be pretty electricity bill...esp with the 27% increase...hahaha

Nonetheless, completely worth the money with a beautiful tank like that

Nikkoli110 said:

Everything looks so natural. I also loved the pics of GT's tank, I don't remember how big it was but theres a thread on here about it. I love the threads about the large tanks. Some are just unbelieveable. :)
Just for you Nikkoli :D

Attachments

• front veiw.jpg
    front veiw.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 182
  • fishy5.jpg
    fishy5.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 160
  • feeding fish.jpg
    feeding fish.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 146
  • left 10k.jpg
    left 10k.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 154
  • lengthy shot.jpg
    lengthy shot.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 139
12hrs/day x 30 days/month x 400 watts/light x 12 lights x 1 kw/1000w x $0.15/kwh = $259.20/month for the lights alone.... and that's at current MA elec rates.

Kevin McG said:
Holy Crap!!!! I didn't realize your tank was like that!

How many gallons?? i want to see that bad boy in person :)
I think that was his old tank before he moved here :(

tanks

Yep sorry chaps it was my tank back in wales before i come over here to live. ;) But there are plans for another special build just cannot make up my mind to a size yet . But these were the specs

Main display tank
11ft x 2.5 x2.5 with a 62x27.5 x 20 high" sump 2.5ft of the sump is a refugium. Plus there is an extra sump 30 x30 x27 Which equates to 650 british or 925 u/s gals :)

LIGHTING
5 x 400 watt lowbays with 10'000k blv lamps
4 x 140 watt phillips o3 actinics
7 x 18 watt 4300k over refugium and 3 x18watt over the other sump

WATER MOVEMENT
7 x aquaclear 5000's
3 x aqua b 3000's
2 x 6100 tunzes on controller 7094 all other pumps, are pulsed by the octopuss computer.

GEAR IN SUMP
1 Oase 7500 return pump, which is hard piped, back to the tank.
1 eheim hobby pump, feeding the fluidised bed full of rowa
1 maxijet1250 which pumps, the fresh water in for my evap, from a 2x2x1 tank.
1 ocean runner 3500 feeding the skimmer

HEATING
Various makes of heater totaling 2000 watts.

COOLING

4x6inch fans in the hood
2x6inch fans in the sump cab
1x16 inch fan over left side of sump
1x16fan constantly on blowing at side of tank and skimmer, supplemented by a 12" blowing at another part of the tank, apart from the 2 i have just mentioned, all fans are controlled by the computer.

CONTROL
All parameter's are controlled by the aquadyne octopuss 3000, heating cooling, wave machine ect.

CALCIUM
There is a Korrallin 4001 reactor, run at 75 bubs of co2 and around 80 to 100 on the effluant, which has a kh of 32
Also all the top up water is kalkwasser.

Filtration
There are over 300kgs in the main tank, with some other in the sump with the dsb. Live rock is mainly fuji.
Aquamedic turboflotor 5000 twin skimmer, DSB in sump and refugium which is filled with 3 differant spcs of calerpa.
Prolifera Being the most prolific.
taxifolia
racemosa
The only other bit of usefull kit ( i think) 200 mg ozoniser with 2xairdryers, which are controlled by the redox controller on the octopuss. The o3 is only used to clear the water once a week, not artificially lift redox.

PARAMETERS
salinity 1.026.5
measured by refractometer
calcium 460 was 560 when using kalk with vinegar
po4 0
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 4 (nitrate ion)
temp 27.6 to 28.5
ph 8.1 to 8.6
redox around 350

CLEAN UP CREW
Around 25 various brittle/serpant stars
100odd various turbo.s
70 odd red legs
6 sand sifting star fish
!0 cleaner shrimps
6 blood reds

Fish
Lots i havent got time to type all them.

Last edited:
G.T said:
Yep sorry chaps it was my tank back in wales before i come over here to live. ;) But there are plans for another special build just cannot make up my mind to a size yet .
Please do tell us about it. Let us live vicariously through your tank planning :)

p.s. Let me know if you are ever coming down to Salem if that 15g is still kicking around.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back