Hello from Medford, MA!

ReferReefer

Non-member
Hello Everyone!

I've been lurking for a couple months now, but I finally took the plunge and picked up a 75 salt off of craigslist. I'm very excited, will likely start getting it cycling this weekend (with the help of Skiptonauts!) -- and then asking you guys plenty of questions.

Regards,
Lee

Hello Everyone!

I've been lurking for a couple months now, but I finally took the plunge and picked up a 75 salt off of craigslist. I'm very excited, will likely start getting it cycling this weekend (with the help of Skiptonauts!) -- and then asking you guys plenty of questions.

Regards,
Lee

Welcome to the club. Congrats on the tank just remember to take your time. I am in Rochester and might have some stuff for you when your ready.

Lets have some pictures when you get everything up and running!

J,

Absolutely will get some pictures! (by the way, did you attend ORRHS?)

I'm still debating which way to go with the fish, but I think that the research of cohabitation is half of the fun (at least it was for my fresh!)

Lee

J,

Absolutely will get some pictures! (by the way, did you attend ORRHS?)

I'm still debating which way to go with the fish, but I think that the research of cohabitation is half of the fun (at least it was for my fresh!)

Lee

I went to ORRJHS but went to Old Colony after that. Are you from around these parts?

I moved to Marion in 7th grade, went to the junior high and then the high school.

Lee

Cool, I'm 21 so i dont know where that puts you ahead or behind me.

So whats your plan for the tank? Sump, sump-less do you have a skimmer?

welcome0.gif

to BRS and best of luck with your new tank!

thanks Palyanna!

J -

I left the ORRJHS three years before you got there :) As for the tank, right now we are going to waltham on saturday to pick up the rest of the stuff that came with the tank.

For now we have a protein skimmer, but I believe we're going to get a second/new one from looking at it. We have some extra tanks to do a sump, and I think that might be something we'd like to look into.

For the most part we're really starting from nothing and planned on setting our wallets on cruise control :)

Do you personally use a Sump setup?

Lee

hey guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Today we picked up the tank and transported it (man that was heavier than I wanted it to be!)

In any case, we have a large clean-up crew of snails and hermet crabs currently scouring the tank while the two older denizens (a 10 inch chainlink eel and a 4 inch fox-face rabbit)

are re-acclimating. we have a couple inverts and a nice purple cap that the previous owner was willing to let go with the tank, so a good beginning.

at this point we're going to take it pretty slow simply because we are unsure just how much of a "problem" the chainlink is going to be as far as compatibility is concerned...

We have enough live rock and spare equipment (i think my basement could easily be converted into a used aquarium store!) to start up a 30 reef for now, but I'd like to get my hands on a 46+ish tank for the chainlink as he's such a cool critter i'd hate to have him lead a sad life just because he likes to munch on the occasional small guy.

Speaking of which, if anyone has been searching for a chainlink, let me know -- as that may be a more beneficial arrangement!

Lee

Welcome.. I also am a newbie to reefing and to BRS...

We are going it the way of how much we can spend every month as well... Just ordered our new 90g tank. going to pick it up on tuesday... cant wait.. I know it's just a tank... lol... but still ... better than no tank...

oh yeah and a shout out to all in the BRS....

Mac - Thats great to hear!

I'll give you a few shots of the new tank we just setup, the water is still a bit cloudy, but we expect that to subside in the next 24-48 hours!

Regards,
Lee

wholetankey3.jpg

chainlinkandliverockqy4.jpg

whitesnailyz7.jpg

invertbm5.jpg

Back