Hello from Medford, MA!

new tank

Welcome....Tanks looks good ...if I followed the thread correctly
looks like the tank cycled for only a couple days..do you have live stock in?

Gina - Thanks, I'm so very excited to be here, and REALLY itching to meet people at the meeting in August, I had a BLAST at the fresh-water auction for the BAS.

Deb - The tank was pre-established at the previous owner, we simply moved it 40 miles today and set things up again. For now there is a pretty big snail/hermit crab clean-up crew and then the chainlink eel, rabbit and a few inverts all of which had been in the tank for the last year.

We're not planning on adding anything else to the equilibrium for several weeks to make sure that there isnt a hidden spike waiting to happen from the tank movement.

If you have any tips for this situation, I'm absolutely all ears!

Lee

Thanks Miller. I'm actually considering trying to do a 2.5-5gallon nano for my office, would you have any tips and or old parts that might be recycleable?

Regards,
Lee

Had me scared for a minute.....what a task that trip must have been...It looks good...keep the pics coming..Good luck with it!!!

We're not planning on adding anything else to the equilibrium for several weeks to make sure that there isnt a hidden spike waiting to happen from the tank movement.

If you have any tips for this situation, I'm absolutely all ears!

Lee

Looks good so far. Did you use the same sand, or rinse it before returning it to the tank? That may cause a bit of a cycle because it's been stirred. Hopefully you will have no problems, but it's always good to do what you're doing, patiently wait to see. Good luck!

Welcome to the BRS.

>Speaking of which, if anyone has been searching for a chainlink, let me know -- as that may be a more beneficial arrangement!<

If the fish is healthy, many times local shops will be willing to take it off your hands, and potentially give you a credit on future purchases.

Back