Hello new to BRS

Cjtabares

PBITAWA
BRS Member
Hi my name is Chris. I have had my 100gal reef with a 30gal sump up for about 10 moths. When people say this hobby is addicting they are not kidding:). I have not even been in the hobby for a year and i will be attending this years MACNA in NJ, anyone else going? This will be my first conference/coral swap of any kind and i will be going alone. Anyone have any tips on going, besides bringing a cooler and plenty of cash?

welcome to the BRS :) we would LOVE to see some pics of your tank!

i think a few members are going down. Perhaps you can carpool?

Thanks for the welcome, A lot has changed since last time i took some pic. Fighting some hair algae and some caulerpa but i will be happy to post some pics when i get some. And yeah if anyone needed a ride i would be happy to give them one, I just need my car because i am staying off site. And i get great gas millage i have a Honda Civic hybrid around 45mpg.

Welcome... Pics are great! Do you plan on attending the BRASS Conference? You could hit two in a few months!

Hello Chris! The water here is great! You'll find that the 'Search' feature is invaluable for all kinds of info ;) Welcome!

Yeah i was looking into it, I am thinking about going but after MACNA i dont know how much cash will be left:eek:. But we will see thanks

Here are some pics like i said you can see the algae problem i have. I dont know what to do it is stating to get the better of me.

Attachments

• Fulltank1.jpg
    Fulltank1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 273
  • fulltank2.JPG
    fulltank2.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 278
  • jawfish.JPG
    jawfish.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 249
  • scotts.JPG
    scotts.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 256
  • yellowtang.JPG
    yellowtang.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 271
more

Attachments

• yellowtang2.JPG
    yellowtang2.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 249
  • yellowtang3.JPG
    yellowtang3.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 269
  • zoas.JPG
    zoas.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 249
  • zoas2.JPG
    zoas2.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 248
i would take the rock out of the tank and scrubb it down with a stiff bristled brush. then rinse with salt water. that would get rid of some of it alt least

your tank looks awesome. are you using ro/di water. if you are using tap water that might be contributing to your algae. you tank looks great though. sweet tang

Thanks, yeah i was thinking about taking out all the rock washing it down with some salt water and scrubbing then a little. Yes i am using ro/di water i think i need to change the filters but my tds is still 1. Maybe i should test the ro/d water for phosphates but my tank has an undetectable amount of phosphates but that might be because the algae is using it up

Hmmm I left some pics out I also have a yashia goby, a pair of O. Clowns, and 5 green chromis

Welcome to the BRS Chris, love the jawfish! :)

Yeah the jawfish is a characture, fun to watch.

I spent about 3 hours the other day pulling out algea got a lot of it out. Will keep pulling it out by hand and hopefuly the tang takes care of some for me. I also have so emerald crabs that seem to be picking at the celurpa. We will see but things are starting to look up :)

Back