Hello World from Western Mass!

oscarinw

Non-member
Hi all,

Looking forward to some friendships, knowledge, pictures and experiences.

Currently running a 2 year old 95gal mixed reef. I love SPS but also like colorful softies.

See you around!

Oh sure. I didn't know that was the ritual!
This is in November 2013:
November 2013
Here is one from about a year ago:
April 14
Here is one from about February:
Feb 2015
After that, I started battling hair algae and although I think I am doing better, It's still a bit ugly but have added some corals and stuff.

I run a Reef Angel controller, 2 Jebao WP40s, a DCT8000 return pump, rapidLED lights and an acrylic sump. I use 2-part dosing and a dosing pump for Mag, Ca and Alk.

Glad to be around

Im battling gha righr now bad.. never ran a skimmer before running one now switched out old t5 bulbs/fixture for new led/t5 added a gfo reactor and keeping up with weekly water changes. None of this work my next step is algae fix then a sea hare.

Tank looks awesome!

Welcome to the forum.
Everytime i run into hair algae, i usually break down the tank, starting all over again with new rocks to get rid of them

welcome !!!! don't break down the tank a sea Hare will mow it down with some turbo snails , water changes a good skimmer and GFO used correctly will work just fine . a turf scrubber helps a lot too .

Thanks all,
Yeah, I'm not planning to tear down the tank... yet anyway. I am trying to get a good grasp of GFO effect on phosphates. Until I tune that well, I know it'll be a pain. But no pain, no gain...

Back