Help with Crocea Clam invaders

leonel-alfaro

Non-member
Crocea Clam has these tiny bug like things crawling all over its shell and under/over the mantle. At first I thought they were pyramid snails but then did some research and they are much to small... these are about the size of a grain of salt maybe a little smaller. Tried searching online and I know its smaller than isopods and amphipods. It may me a copepod or my best guess is an ostracod. Wish I had a microscope on hand to better ID it but i don't. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else ever had this problem, the issue is that it seems like they are starting to stress the clam out a bit, any advice?

Years ago I had a clam die,wasn't healthy due to shipping, and pods, crabs, bristle worms, etc were all over it just overnight

Had a maxima die on me in three days some time last year :/ however I've had luck with this clam. Ive had him for about 8 months now, (bought it from a local fish store) and these tiny bugs are just starting to stress it out, I've never even noticed them before but now that I was looking closely at my tank I noticed these same bugs spread out across in different areas. I don't know if something can eat them or if i should fresh water dip. I will try to take some pictures in a bit.

If your close I bought a clam kit for the ceramic disks and it came with a treatment you can dip your clam in to rid of pests I'm in Warwick, RI if you want it 401-297-5536

Back