Hey! It's APISTOBORELLI!!

APISTOBORELLI

Bass in pic swam away
Guess who's back again?? That's right! The old pot stirrer APISTO-B!

Really want to start another tank. Been out of the game for a LONG time!

How is everyone? Where's all my old friends???

I was just wondering where you had been the other day. How are you? Welcome back.

Nice to have you guys back, sounds like you have been doing more than just fishing.

Jim

So, where do I begin?

What's going on with lights these days? LED's were just hitting the market when I left the hobby, are they all the rage now?

Live rock was becoming scarce and Marco (?) Rock and other man made rock was a hit, is that still the case?

I also remember a push to stop buying/selling wild corals, has the hobby become more eco-friendly?

Still here man, ya seems like you need another hobby or you'll be announcing baby #6 lol

So, where do I begin?

What's going on with lights these days? LED's were just hitting the market when I left the hobby, are they all the rage now?
Pretty much yes, lots of disco tanks in the mix these days. I still like T5, and there are a few MH users hanging on, but yes lots of LEDs

Live rock was becoming scarce and Marco (?) Rock and other man made rock was a hit, is that still the case?
Lots of changes with rock. Not much of the old Fiji left, but Marc and other suppliers have sourced lots of ancient inland quarried rock that's pretty nice. Also some nice man made rock that is well cured in the ocean. And then there is "real reef rock" which is man made and painted purple then given a short cure in the ocean. Options, options....

I also remember a push to stop buying/selling wild corals, has the hobby become more eco-friendly?
More and more aquaculture, not very much wild collected these days. Also lots of aquaculture colonies coming in then getting chop shopped by the online vendors and everyone else.

Also now popular are new, inexpensive chinese made DC pumps. Super low electricity usage and adjustable outputs. Also skimmers built around these DC pumps, pretty cool but reliability unclear so far.

Back