Hi from Maine

MIKE D

Non-member
Hi my name is mike and Im new to the saltwater/reef hobby but not new to keeping fish. I have 5 freshwater tanks setup and running. I dont have a saltwater tank set up right now but I do plan to have one in the next couple of months. Untill then I plan on reading a ton so I dont go into this blind and end up killing my fish/reef.

Last edited:
Hola!
There's also a small bunch of us up here, mostly in the Portland area, who also belong to the Maine reef club.

Another Mainer! Welcome. Let me know when your up and running I got some pulsing stiped Xenia that's growing like mad I need to clear some of it out!

I live in windham. My neighbor told me he posts to this sight and said I should check it out. Im about 15-20 min (depending on 302 traffic) from portland. Im sure Ill be picking your brains alot. One day I plan on opening a LFS and right now I'm finding out all of the info that I can on both fresh and saltwater.

to BRS! You are definitely in the right place if you want to learn before you leap. Keep everyone apprised of what you ultimately decide to do!

One day I plan on opening a LFS and right now I'm finding out all of the info that I can on both fresh and saltwater.
There must be something in the water up here, with lots of small shops opening recently.
FWIW, I know there's a couple people with reef tanks in/near Windham.

Welcome Mike
I am done here in the Kittery Area.. There is a place in Westbrook on main st that is very knowledgable. they tend to have stuff that you dont see in the average LFS.
i didnt realize that there was so many people from Maine on here

Aquatic concepts on main street. I use to go there before they changed it to saltwater only. I cant wait to get my tank. I just have to wait till I finish my DIY 135 gallon freshwater before I set up my reef tank.

WEll I'll add in on this one ..
I'm up in Hampden... if your ever up this way let me know.. maybe we can do some trading..

rumer has it that aquatic concepts is going to host a frag swap on sundays.
you might want to call and encourage them to do it.
i called twice already hope they dont have caller id

Aquatic Concepts 856-7387
www.aquaticconcepts.com

Come visit at UNE in biddo at anytime. We have the school aquarium club (ie a bunch of guys and me that get together on Wednesdays to learn about all different stuff) Outsiders are always welcome.

Wow I didnt know there was this many Mainers on here. Its making it harder for me to finish one project before I start another. I cant wait to start trading with you all.

Beautiful tank! Ill deff post pics. looks like Im going to use my 30 gallon as my mini reef tank.

Back