holy cow - did anyone see this???

OK, note to self - no Octipie in my tank, manage trying to clean that tank... here kitty kitty.

That shark didn't seem that big...I didn't listen to the audio
Seems like it was filmed in a large tank - Seattle Aquarium - caption is Octopus in a shark tank...OK

Kind of irresponsible if you ask me
A mystery?? Duh
They filmed it stalking the shark

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what they are using to view it? I keep getting missing plugins but dont know what they are to install them and it says none found!

Scuba_Dave said:
That shark didn't seem that big...I didn't listen to the audio
Seems like it was filmed in a large tank - Seattle Aquarium - caption is Octopus in a shark tank...OK

Kind of irresponsible if you ask me
A mystery?? Duh
They filmed it stalking the shark

The audio explains that 3-4 foot sharks were dying and they couldn't figure out why, so one night someone filmed it. They never imagined an octopus would eat a shark.

GinaD said:
The audio explains that 3-4 foot sharks were dying and they couldn't figure out why, so one night someone filmed it. They never imagined an octopus would eat a shark.

They add an "Giant Pacific Octupus" to a tank...and sharks start dying
They do have degrees right? ;)
They are known predators & meat eaters
Also Octopi are known as one of the more highly intelligent creatures

"The Giant Octopus is an important component of coastal ecosystems from the Pacific Northwest to Japan, both as predator and prey of economically important species (e.g. as predator on crabs, clams, shrimp; as prey of halibut, cod, dogfish shark and pollock). "

Perhaps they should search the Internet next time they need to make a decision :)

...or ask BRS first [smilie=1,30,21]

I totally agree. When I first watched the clip I was at work and didn't have audio. I thought it was just a lucky filming caught in the wild.

GinaD said:
...or ask BRS first [smilie=1,30,21]

I totally agree. When I first watched the clip I was at work and didn't have audio. I thought it was just a lucky filming caught in the wild.
I think that is one that any reefing beginner could answer for them!!!!! :)

Anne

Back