How to Make a Fish Jump out of The Tank

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
Anyone knows?
I pray every night that one of my wrasse would jump out of the tank. And I’m not going to rescue it.
60A5573A-EA8B-4672-A307-D35D0AB6A963.jpeg

Well, the fish is a fake. Bought them as Diamond tail flasher female. Turned out to be a Kwazulu Fairy Wrasse after the transition. And that is okay. It's still a wrasse.
But the f****** thing started to peck and eventually killed one of my prized brain coral. So now it's war.

Sounds like he needs to find his way to the sump until someone can take it for you. Guessing a fish trap would be the best option. We all know catching a fish with rock and coral in the tank is practically impossible. It took me almost an hour to catch a hawkfish in a three foot tank.

Maybe you should have it talk to my Carpenter's Wrasse. I've had to scoop it off the floor twice in the last two months.

I had lifted the screen a couple days ago to pour in the food; heard a quick splash noise, saw something out of the corner of my eye, and then hear a SPLAT on the wood floor about 3' away from the tank.

Little PITA jumped through the 4" gap (only lifted the front part of the screen).

Ended up grabbing it as it flopped and tossed it back in. Seemingly no worse for the adventure.

You'd think after doing this twice it might have smartened up a bit and think to itself "man, that sudden stop hurts, and then I can't breathe. maybe I should quit doing this."

STUPID. FISH.

Funny, the same scenario happened to me last month. Fish flew out while I was feeding, hit the top of the lid, went through a small gap where I was feeding and plopped on my equipment cabinet. This particular dartfish is the most skittish fish in my tank. He has another dartfish buddy that is cool and calm. I have thought about replacing him.

I just bought some super small barbless hooks off amazon to get some unwanted pesky fish (damsels) out of my display. Put a little mysis on the hook and plucked them right out no problem. The barbless hooks leave no wounds to the fish and they are very easy to get off. The hardest part was keeping the fish that I didnt want to hook away from it.

I just bought some super small barbless hooks off amazon to get some unwanted pesky fish (damsels) out of my display. Put a little mysis on the hook and plucked them right out no problem. The barbless hooks leave no wounds to the fish and they are very easy to get off. The hardest part was keeping the fish that I didnt want to hook away from it.

I have to check, but I think I have some small fly fishing hooks for fly tying. Probably have to pinch the barb. I am in Groton MA, let me know if you want to try this.

Maybe you should have it talk to my Carpenter's Wrasse. I've had to scoop it off the floor twice in the last two months.

I had lifted the screen a couple days ago to pour in the food; heard a quick splash noise, saw something out of the corner of my eye, and then hear a SPLAT on the wood floor about 3' away from the tank.

Little PITA jumped through the 4" gap (only lifted the front part of the screen).

Ended up grabbing it as it flopped and tossed it back in. Seemingly no worse for the adventure.

You'd think after doing this twice it might have smartened up a bit and think to itself "man, that sudden stop hurts, and then I can't breathe. maybe I should quit doing this."

STUPID. FISH.
You have to stop watching Finding Nemo in the same room! It's gotta be giving him ideas. Any pebbles in the filter yet?

Try the red light trick. you may be able to scoop him out. Switch all leds to red.. make sure the room is dark as well.... if you have clear acrylic specimen container use that to scoop him out. it has worked a few times when I had to catch some rouge fish.

after you switch the lights to red, you need to be quick before they start scooting into the rocks. now the challenge is to be able to distinguish this guy from the other wrasses in the red light! good luck!

Back