I Believe in Aquaforest Products!! Check out these pictures of my Acros

wolffman1992

Non-member
Hey everyone,

I have been running the Aquaforest line on my tank for about 4 and a half months now and have absolutely seen a huge difference in the coloration and growth rate of my SPS corals in particular. I do believe that to achieve the amazing results advertised by AF that you do need to run the entire line of products. The balling method coupled with the new addition of the probiotic formula keeps nutrients low and provides your corals with all the macro and micro elements needed to achieve success. Take a look at a few of my colonies I took pictures of in the link provided below. It's a photoshop slideshow. Let me know what you think. I am happy to answer any questions regarding the AF line.

best,

Alex

http://s578.photobucket.com/user/Wolff1992/slideshow/aquaforest works

Last edited:
Not at the moment. I can try to dig some up. But as stated I have seen an increase in coloration, growth rates, and survival rates of wild and maricultured SPS. I do attribute these to AF products and good husbandry. I have always been attentive to my tanks needs. However since using AF products in particular components 1,2, and 3 I have seen rock solid parameters. I have not changed any equipment such as lights, pumps, etc since starting the program. I run 2 Hydra 26's over a 36" long 70 gallon tank, a Reef Octopus skimmer, GFO, Chateo, and echo tech QD MP40.

i think any salt would work for sps (coloration and growth) as long that you monitor and maintenance your parameters (including water) according to your sps needs and if the lightning is right. I've tried a few expensive salts in the past but I also get good growth and coloration with using the basic instant ocean salt as well.

While in part I am advocating for their salt both their reef salt and pro bio salt I am placing a greater emphasis on the whole AF system. Salt mix alone, in my opinion, will not provide much change in the tank. However running their salt along with their balling method, and daily supplements is when you will begin to see the big changes. I will keep updating pictures as time goes on.

Alex, you have my interest peaked. What are you running besides comp 1, 2 and 3? Do you mind detailing your dosing regiment?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Alex, you have my interest peaked. What are you running besides comp 1, 2 and 3? Do you mind detailing your dosing regiment?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I have a 70 gallon cadlights artisian tank that is SPS dominant. I run the following products:

Weekly water change 10% using pro biotic salt

everyday I dose components 1, 2, and 3 at 85ml 12 times a day. Now AF offers two products liquid forms of components 123 for those who have smaller tanks like mine. Each container provides 5,000mls of liquid. The price for all three jugs is $50. For those of you with larger tanks you can make your own components 1,2,3 from dry mix provided by them. You will need their Alk, Calc, and Magnesium, components strong product, and their mineral salt. To make things easy run a 3 headed dosing pump. All liquids are dosed in equal amounts.

Because my goal is to run an ULNS using their SPS tank regimen I run the following additional products which are dosed every day or every other day at 1 drop per 27 gallons

Everyday: Pro Bio S and NP pro. These provide the tank with bacteria and food for the bacteria (a fancy carbon dosing method essentially) that will make your skimmer pull out the darkest skim mate ever.

Coral B (coral growth accelerator)

and finally Coral E which is liquid coral food

Every other day:

I dose Coral V which are vitamins for the corals and Coral A which are Amino Acids.

Now this may seem like a lot of products to transfer over to but they are relatively cheap compared to say Zeovit and Tropic Marin products.

Also the thought of an ULNS system scares many people however I am in the school of thought of heavy import and heavy export. I feed my fish every other day but they get a heaping amount of frozen food. And I also feed frozen rotifers once a week at night to my tank. I am able to keep LPS and Chalices happy in my tank despite it being "nutrient deprived."

Now Rotifers and amino acids I want to do but I want to do them through a dosing pump vs dumping some in and hoping to hit the target.

The beauty of this hobby is that there are many ways to have a successful tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could use a dosing pump for AA but Rotifers would be difficult because they go bad when left out of the fridge for a few hours. I just broadcast feed once a week at night and shut my power heads off for the evening

And yes I've had plenty of success using other methods but from what I've tried AF tends to be the easiest and has provided amazing results for me. I Plan on sticking with it and maybe taking some pictures each month to show you guys my results

I appreciate all of the info! This is something I may try on my 50 gallon, which I want to be SPS dominate anyways

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I'm using the full Aquaforest regimen myself :) great results so far!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I have a 70 gallon cadlights artisian tank that is SPS dominant. I run the following products:

Weekly water change 10% using pro biotic salt

everyday I dose components 1, 2, and 3 at 85ml 12 times a day. Now AF offers two products liquid forms of components 123 for those who have smaller tanks like mine. Each container provides 5,000mls of liquid. The price for all three jugs is $50. For those of you with larger tanks you can make your own components 1,2,3 from dry mix provided by them. You will need their Alk, Calc, and Magnesium, components strong product, and their mineral salt. To make things easy run a 3 headed dosing pump. All liquids are dosed in equal amounts.

Because my goal is to run an ULNS using their SPS tank regimen I run the following additional products which are dosed every day or every other day at 1 drop per 27 gallons

Everyday: Pro Bio S and NP pro. These provide the tank with bacteria and food for the bacteria (a fancy carbon dosing method essentially) that will make your skimmer pull out the darkest skim mate ever.

Coral B (coral growth accelerator)

and finally Coral E which is liquid coral food

Every other day:

I dose Coral V which are vitamins for the corals and Coral A which are Amino Acids.

Now this may seem like a lot of products to transfer over to but they are relatively cheap compared to say Zeovit and Tropic Marin products.

How much a month would you say it cost you to run this method?

Well the pro bio salt costs around $83 for 165 gallons which lasts me 16 weeks.

Components 123 in liquid form costs $50 lasts me 2 1/2 months.

Coral A,B, E, and V cost either $10 for 10 ml bottle or $25 for 50ml bottle. The 10 ml lasts me a month the 50 would last me about 4 months.

So all in all it's pretty cheap. They are map pricing so anywhere you get them they cost the same. The amount we spend on corals this is cheap for caring for them. And this is coming from a broke law students.

I just recently jumped on the aquaforest train as well, I'm in the process of doing enough water changes to completely convert my system (will take some time) and I plan to use their supplements. Too early to post any meaningful for results but in time I will share my experiences as well.

I use a few AF products selectively for past 5 months and have found significant improvement and my logbook points to these components as proving beneficial for SPS growth and color. I have also trended to lower Alkalinity for the past 6 months or so but have not altered my primary means of nutrient export, salt, Calcium/Alkalinity or other additives and do not intend to. I dose/monitor as opposed to go by book and mostly go by eye. I have noticed some pastel in select pieces, others remain deeper, PE has improved overall. I could also add anecdotadly that when one introduces a new product/regimine, they also tend to enhance husbandry and attention.

300g SPS System

Coral E: 3x weekly, 6-8 drops
Coral B: 3x weekly, 6 drops (or after a weekly tank clean/sandbed stir i find this binds well to particulates and helps in clarity followed by a noticeable growth rate of sps in calcification)
Pro Bio S: upon biweekly water change, 6-8 drops, or upon biopellet cleanse for bacterial diversity

I also use Fuel, AcroPower Interchangably, i dose K and Fe and Lugols. Since i noticed some trace copper increase (potentially from CoralE copper sulfide or Fuel also has this in likely smaller levels) i introduce some Cuprisorb and dose Trace Hard once a week to help (Fuel also carries sufficient trace elements Sr, Br, Mg, etc etc)

My salt continues to be Salinity. Continue with CaRx and peristaltic pump delivery. Continue with Biopellets, Purigen, GAC.

Recent ICP test showed some trace Cu which lead me to add Cuprisorb.

Coral B contains: Pure carbon (some very fine dust I guess), calcium (won't be very significant according to the dosing amount), iodine and fluorine (That is what this suppliment about).

Back