I cant decide!

lex_lutha111384

Non-member
I have a 90 gallon tank that has no sump. I am moving (hopefully sooner than later) into a house. Im hoping by like spring. So what I am doing now is buying everything I need, piece by piece, to add a sump to my tank. I am torn on what I should buy. I already got a new 40 breeder for the sump. I need a skimmer, and the best submersible pump i can find. I was thinking of going with the new Reef Octopus Diablo 225, which is rated for up to 200 gallons, and a EHEIM 900 submersible pump. Which i think can be used as an internal or external (i think). Any thoughts??? I want the most reliable and quiet choices I can find. My only issue with the skimmer is that it seems a little huge. I know u guys can help me out on this one.Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

the diablos are great skimmers. no need for the 225 go with a 160x . my 160x on my 75 cant dry skim, its too big for my tank and wont push the bubbles up the neck even tho im heavily stocked. the first week i had it i had to empty the cup everyday now i don't touch it for a week at a time, there is nothing for it to pull out now. plus it is rated for 160 gallons so that would be plenty for a 90

Check out the water blaster hy pumps by coralvue. They are extremely efficient in power consumption and are really quiet. They also have a three year warrantee if anything were to happen. I have the water blaster 10000 and am extremely happy with it.

I had an iwaki japanese motor...it was not loud but not quiet. I would not have it in the living room. I had it in a basement sump in another room with the door closed. The eheim is silent...the fan in the lights were louder.

my blueline is "semi quiet". has a hum to it but when the doors are closed to the stand it is very quiet for a hard plumbed external

Back