I hate cloudy water!!

I have had my tank running for about 3 months now and its been clear and once and a while it get cloudy. I test and test and things always are normal. what is causing this and how can i fix.

what size tank? what are the parameters? what is in the tank? do you use ro/di water? more questions to come :)

Its a 75gal tank its 48x19x24 do hold me to mesurements. i use tap water but i filter and treat before using it. so far i have about 130lbs of live sand, 90lbs of live rock(i will add more but for now it works). and all thats in there are snails hermit crabs and 2 clown fish.

I use a pure water filter then i add tap water conditioner as an added measure to take out some or the metals that still might be there.

Im new to this so still dont know the in's and outs of everything so any help is great.

i would use only ro/di water.... i doubt a chem added to the water will "remove" metal from the water.. your also going to have Phosphate issues.. the conditioner might even be increasing the phos..

What are your parameters (i.e. alk, ca, mg, no3, no2, etc)?

I use a pure water filter then i add tap water conditioner as an added measure to take out some or the metals that still might be there.

Im new to this so still dont know the in's and outs of everything so any help is great.

you need to either buy filtered water thru a LFS or get yourself a ro/di unit? Are you well water fed or city water?

Only the No3 was a little high and i have done water changes to help that. my no2 is at 0 the same for my ammonia. my Ph is around 7.5. i will have to pick up kits to test for others, that may be where i should look. thanks

you need to either buy filtered water thru a LFS or get yourself a ro/di unit?

+1 on this! You will save yourself many headaches down the road.. Your local LFS should also be able to do water testing for you for free or a nominal fee depending on where you go until you can purchase all the necessary kits for testing. ON a side note, at every monthly BRS meeting there is water testing for only $5( it pays to be a member;) )

Not sure how it is with SW, but I've been into FW for 7 years now, and with FW, you get the cloudy water syndrome if your NO3 rises. A lot of FW newbies actually end up doing too big/frequent water changes and removing too much of the beneficial bacteria, so their NO3 levels go up and cause the water to get cloudy.

I didn't rinse the live sand, should i have? Some people said that the water change might have caused the cloudiness.I might be adding more live rock soon, should i hold off on it?

Def switch to RO/DI... Also do you have any lifestock in the tank yet?

Back