I have a green slime issue?

Royalty

Reefer In Training
So after I transferred my tank, I noticed that I don't have much for clean up crew after my little tank issue. So anyways after a week of allowing my tank to due a mini re-cycle. I added some of my livestock and I noticed that the tank is building up alot of green slime. I've cleaned the glass a ton of times, But it seems to grow twice as fast IDK? I received a few inverts from members and friends so I'm working on my clean up crew rebuild. Ill post up a picture of the slime let me know what it is? And how to help the tank get back to norm.

It sounds like it may be cyano. I had a similar issue not too long ago where the side of my tank would be covered in green slime and as I wiped it'd come right off, but then dissolve right into the water. It was incredibly frustrating, to be sure. I didn't treat it with any chemicals myself, but rather did very slight water changes (less than 10%) daily, right after wiping the side so as to get the bulk of the dissolved substance. I also used a powerhead on my rocks to blow out any junk off of them and siphoned while I was doing that. After about a week, my problem finally was no more. Best of luck with your issue, and I hope it ends up being just a little speed bump like mine was.

Back