I have a question about tobika

JenC

UGH!!
Hi I got some tobika I think that is how it is spelled from a fellow BRS member and I really would like some more. I think it was a group buy thing. Not sure. I looked it up on the internet but cant find anything. maybe the spelling or I have the wrong name... It is orange and i think they are some kind of eggs..... Anyone have a clue what I am talking about?????????

thank you Moe. Do you know where I can get them?

Mmm, good question.
Do a search in the Pooled Order forum for posts by Shallowwaters (Marc). He had a source for them, but not sure if he listed it.

Also try a search in the BRS Business forum for the last MetroWest fish goo thread (SteveP was the author, I think). There was a source in Sudbury, MA, I believe, for tobiko.
Basically, one has to find a good Asian restaurant willing to give a discount when they learn the tobiko is for captive fish and not for humans' sushi topping.

I know I got it from a guy in Westwood and he moved.... forgot his name. He may still me on but not sure...

I found some on Amazon.com with shipping it will cost a little over 90.00 for a pound. I would assume that would be a large amount because they way nothing?????????? and the shipping is 5 pounds.... am I going to have this coming out my ears????????????????

Fish Eggs

You can by fish eggs any place that makes Sushi.I get mine at Market Basket Danvers,Whole Foods Salem,Liberty Tree Mall Danvers.You can by in small amounts so they stay fresh.My Mandarin loves it

I get mine from a local Asian market. It's about $15 for a pound. Just be careful to get the kind that isn't marinated/flavored.

Back