I need help to figure this out

Just get Turbo snails, they devour the stuff like nothing else. My tank was covered in hair algae so I bought 6 Turbos and with in 2 weeks the entire tank was algae free.

Just get Turbo snails, they devour the stuff like nothing else. My tank was covered in hair algae so I bought 6 Turbos and with in 2 weeks the entire tank was algae free.

Turbos IMO can be hit or miss also, more often they will chow it but I have a few who don't care a ton for it, or the HA is to far along for them to make a dent.

What about rabbitfish? I have heard that these are excellent at grazing on nuisance algae. Does anyone have any experience with grazing fish?

Matt:cool:

I had bought one the first time my tank showed HA but never touched it and when I added other fish (tangs) it got bullied then stressed out and finally died.

I have a little bit that grows but my astrea snails eat it. It's never turned into a problem.

I realize I'm mostly repeating what everyone else is saying, but I battled the green monster for quite some time. It almost got me to pack it up. But I followed a friends advice and starting growing and exporting Chaeta in my sump. After that the combination of a good skimmer, snails, a Foxface, a Kole Tang and Hippo Tang seemed to eliminate this stuff completely. I had zero success with Phosban. Hope this helps!

Back