i would like to add a new fish

mcf6188

Non-member
hi everyone i would like to put a new fish in my 40 breeder. now i have a great pair of clowns that i have had for 2 years. also a very calm fire fish witch i had foe 1.5 years, a pair of cleaning shrimp. thats it. the tank is in great shape. Could i put in a dwarf angle or some thing like that. some thing cool with color. thanks for the info.

Angels are hit or miss on picking on corals , but you definitely have room for more fish :.

you have room to put something small in there. for the situation, i think you could do a variation of SOME of the following fish (this is just a random list, and i am not recommending all of them): yasha gobies, midas blennies, banggai cardinals, clown gobies, or maybe a single fairy wrasse.

thank you men i do like the fairy wrasse and there family . i would like to put one in the tank. i would like to a new pair of clowns in there also is that cool . thanks

that's a big negative on the second pair of clowns. clowns don't get along with clowns; there will be blood (insert evil halloween laugh here).

Yup. No no on the additional clown. Even a third one would be death in the tank.
I always like the Flame Angelfish as a dwarf.

wow that opened my eyes to clowns .that is a big thanks. i to like the flame angelfish dwarf . cool thank you this is not me

Since everything else has been covered (especially clowns! A pair is great, 3 is a recipe for murder), I'll add my $0.02. Yellow-tail damsels provide a great pop of color and activity at a very small price.

Yes, they are territorial and aggressive to newcomers. But if you add it last, it will be much less territorial. If you do add one and decide you want a new fish down the road and the damsel is aggressive, you can either move some rocks around (particularly their "territory") to throw them off, or pull the damsel out and keep it in your hospital/qt for a few days while the new fish gets acclimated.

I'm in the minority. Most people hate damsels. But they are neat, beautiful fish if you handle them the right way.

Back