ID help

MarkSzy

BRS Member
I have a ton of these in my tank and they don’t seem to be causing any hard but I was hoping to ID. This is the first time they have come on the glass for me to get a good picture.
88A065F7-0A58-4A15-9D9C-307C1998BD2C.jpeg

Can you get a pic of the other side? Looks like some type of mollusk, maybe a limpet or a baby snail?

Those look like they are limpetts....I have tons of them also....they are quite amazing. I have seen them literally eat ALL forms of diatoms, dinos, cyano....all that really really good little snails

Daylight pic or one taken with orange filter or glasses may help to see them more clearly.

They do look similar but they are definitely moving, one day they aren’t on the glass and the next they are. They also move on the rocks.
I have like 100 limpetts like this all over my tank. I dont have fish in my tank that ever ate them. Nor do I have a large cuc. So these guys reproduced and exploded in my ystem. They eat the algae off rocks glass, cyano, dinos....really they are quite amazing species of little snail. They can however get jammed into pumps because how small they are.

Back