Ideal T5 HO Bulbs?

toddhgr

Non-member
I picked up an aquatiife t5 ho x4 fixture to run over my 60 gallon reef. It came with used bulbs of an unknown age and I'd like to replace them. I want the colors to really pop on my lps and I also want good growth. What would you recommend for a combination?

I have the same fixture and I copied the arrangement used by "Chrissy" (if you saw her tank you would know why). ATI two blue+, two coral+, one aquablue and one purple+. My results don't compair to hers but I'll keep trying.

Jim

I use 2 Blue+ , 1 coral plus and one aquablue and it has a hint of blue with a crisp sort of dull white , hard to describe . I am upgrading to a 6 bulb this week and think I will put 1 more coral + and one purple to round it off

What is the dimension of your 60g?
If its a 60g cube, the 4 bulbs is not going to be enough

For a 4 bulbs fixture, you probably want to go with at least 2 blue plus, and the other two can be a purple plus and either a coral plus or a aqua blue special

I have the same fixture and I copied the arrangement used by "Chrissy" (if you saw her tank you would know why). ATI two blue+, two coral+, one aquablue and one purple+. My results don't compair to hers but I'll keep trying.

Jim

+1, This is what ATI recommends. I tried the purple+ bulb with 2 blue+ and a coral+. I didn't like it at all. It was kind of like a washed out purple look like those terrible Current 14k MH bulbs. Don't like the aquablue bulb either, way too white.

Here ya go!

Here's a some of our customer's favorite combinations. We have found most folks prefer a bluer look to their tank as it helps to bring our more colors in their corals. Please remember that bulb choice is ultimately a matter of personal preference and what works for one, may not work for another.

16K - 20K - Bluish white with a noticable blue and red under-tone

4-Bulb combination

3 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Purple Plus
6-Bulb combination
4 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Coral Plus
1 ATI Purple Plus
8-Bulb combination
5 ATI Blue Plus
2 ATI Coral Plus
1 ATI Purple Plus