Introduction

beazer247

BRS Member
Hi everyone. Not too sure what to put in this introduction post so I’ll throw a little about me and how I got into reefing.

Ever since I was a kid I’ve always wanted a fish tank. My mom hates anything that can potentially damage the house so that was an absolute no lol. Fast forward about 20 years later I got into the freshwater world.

I started with a weirdly shaped 65g tank from PetSmart, hooked up a CO2 tank and grew some plants. It was great and I loved it, when I moved apartments I cracked the tank. I ended up replacing it with 2 25 gallon cubes so I could reuse the stand. This was the beginning of it all, I went 1 freshwater and 1 saltwater tank

Fast forward 2ish more years, a house and 3 builds later (I had poor planning and upgrade size twice). My current build is a reefer 750 g2 that I’m running with a modified triton method. Modified mostly because I removed everything that I could from the sump to make a 25-30ish gallon fuge with a deep sand bed. Also reefer tanks can’t really hit 10x return flow with the plumbing size(I think I’m at 5-7)

I’m 10 months in on the build, overwhelmed with hair algae and still testing out coral lol. The maintenance techniques are trending forward and one of the main reasons I joined up was to trade.

Attachments

• IMG_3569.jpeg
    IMG_3569.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4148.jpeg
    IMG_4148.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 59
Back