Introduction

jazzsam

BRS Member
I want to introduce myself.

I currently live in NJ and I am the secretary for the New Jersey Reef Club. The company I work for is headquartered in Bedford MA and I am up there at least once a month if not more. After working for this company for over 5 years I have decided to move up to MA in the next year or so. I figured I would start to get involved with this club now to get a head start.

A little about my current setup. I currently have a 240 Gallon with a 135 Gallon sump for my reef, a 120 Gallon for my aggressive fish, and a 55 gallon just for fun. I have only been in this hobby for a couple years but as everyone probably knows this is a very addictive hobby.

I like to keep all types of corals including SPS, LPS, and softies.

I took the plunge about 6 months ago and got the new LED Solaris lighting for 1/2 of the 240.

That is just a quick summary of things to introduce myself.

Wow you sure jumped in with both feet. Are you bringing all of the tanks?Welcome to BRS. The pictures are the only rule.
Well I think it is a rule.

Welcome Aboard :) ... we need pics...:D

Here is the thread for my 240 tank build:

http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=2545.0

Here is the last PIC I took but it is a little old:

HPIM0089.jpg

Last edited:
Wow you sure jumped in with both feet. Are you bringing all of the tanks?Welcome to BRS. The pictures are the only rule.
Well I think it is a rule.

I am bringing all the tanks and adding to it....... (Shhhh don't tell the fiance)

I want my next reef to be at least 10 feet X 24" (Maybe 30) X 30"

I also want to plumb it all together in one system. The house I am in now does not have a basement so I have held off on that but I want to use the 240 for an aggresive tank and maybe the 120 for an angel/butterfly tank. We will just have to see how that all works out.

Welcome!

I know a guy in Minnesota who has a few 10' tanks for sale. No idea how you would get one out here, unless you have a big truck or trailer. I helped the guy move them one time, and I know one thing for certain: you better make friends here fast, because it takes quite a few guys to move 10' tanks! :)

Welcome!

I know a guy in Minnesota who has a few 10' tanks for sale. No idea how you would get one out here, unless you have a big truck or trailer. I helped the guy move them one time, and I know one thing for certain: you better make friends here fast, because it takes quite a few guys to move 10' tanks! :)

I think with this type of tank I will have to get a custom job and it may have to be built in place. I am not sure yet but I have to see what the house I get up there is going to look like first. I would be curious to know how much they are selling the 10' tanks for though.

I know about moving tanks.......... :) It took 6 guys to get the 240 up on the stand and we almost didn't get it! That was a scarry thing to do!

Back