it gets worse

theswindler

Non-member
ok so my tang that was having problems with my angel. has a good amount of white dot/bubbles on him. from my expierence this is ich. also ive heard stress can cause ich and tangs are more able to get ich. what the hell do i do?????????????? i am not going to let one fish kill all my fish ill flush it if i have too. i love my grouper too much please help :cant handle this:

sorry, most probably if he has ich, it has already spread into the system …. i know A LOT of people that have ich in their system and are fine. Also a lot of people have it and don't really care because as long as a fish is healthy (and stress free) it will fight it off.

The best I can advise is to wait it out. You can "try" some of the reef safe medications, but I'm not sure how good they really are :-/ … sorry ...

How many fish in tank? I would pull them all out for 8 weeks treat with copper and then return to DT but thats just my opinion. I recently lost all fish to ICH and let my tank run empty for 8+ weeks to eradicate the Ich that stuff sucks killed all my fish in like a week after noticing the first signs on a fish (tang) I am proud to say I am almost re-stocked. I set up a QT and Qt all new fish for close to 6 weeks and the tank is 100% ich free and a could not be happier. Took along time to get back to having fish in the tank but it was well worth it IMO Good luck Man! losing fish sucks!

-Owen

It's probably from the stress of being added to a new tank, and then being beaten up by another fish... Keep an eye on him for signs of distress and if it doesn't get too much worse, let him try to fight it off. My fish usually get a few ich spots after being added, but it goes away in a week or less. You can try some garlic to help him out. Garlic won't cure the ich but it can help their immune system.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

How many fish in tank? I would pull them all out for 8 weeks treat with copper and then return to DT but thats just my opinion. I recently lost all fish to ICH and let my tank run empty for 8+ weeks to eradicate the Ich that stuff sucks killed all my fish in like a week after noticing the first signs on a fish (tang) I am proud to say I am almost re-stocked. I set up a QT and Qt all new fish for close to 6 weeks and the tank is 100% ich free and a could not be happier. Took along time to get back to having fish in the tank but it was well worth it IMO Good luck Man! losing fish sucks!

-Owen

Couldn't agree more. Anything less is a gamble that usually doesn't work out the way you'd hoped

ok guys thanks for the advice it looks like the dots have gotten much less noticable they are still there but looks like they are going away. if my grouper dyes i dont even think ill start another tank. my first and favorite fish:(

FWIW-If the tang is the only one with dots, why not take him out? I had a similar situation, took out the tang for 2+ weeks and treated him with some of
the Ich meds...this one did not contain copper. He recovered really well and there was no break- out in the display tank. If your tang is still eating, he'll probably respond really well to the meds and you'll know if any of your other fish are infected.

the spots will likely come back in a day or two with vengeance, so if u can get him out it might be a good idea

If your grouper is established in the tank, he will not get ick. Don't worry about that, The tang will fight it off if he is eating and will be fine. Adding some garlic can help. The worst thing to do is stress the fish out any further, trying to catch him will do just that, and it will get worse. I have never emptied a tank due to ick and I never will. If you have good water quality and healthy fish they will never be phased by ick in the system. I have a large tank and house many fish considered to be ick magnets, I have had ick in the system and have had many many fish newly introduced to the tank get a few spots and clear up after a few days to a week and be fine. None of the established fish ever get it from the new fish. The easiest thing to do to avoid new fish getting ick is maintain good water quality and not allow new fish to get picked on when first introduced in the tank. If you can do that, you will never have to fear ick in a system.

Back