Jan 2006 Frag Swap thread!

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
Next frag swap will be at the meeting on Sat 28 Jan 06. There's another thread stuck to the top of Reef Talk with information on the date/time/location of the meeting. For details or questions, see that thread.

As usual, in the frag swap thread, please note what you're looking for and/or what you've got to trade.

Posting frags for sale here is okay, as long as you're just a hobbyist, and the frags will be at the meeting.

For new folks: a "frag" is a piece of coral. In this hobby we like to cut off pieces of coral and trade or sell them to others. We have a frag swap at the end of our monthly meetings.

To keep this thread as uncluttered as possible, if your post is not specifically about arranging a coral trade (or selling/buying), then start a new thread with the question or point. For example, if you want to know the best way to pack frags, please start a new thread.

Hopefully this frag swap thread will remain useful.

Note that if somebody starts a new thread about their frags available at the meeting (not within this thread), it will get moved to the appropriate Marketplace forum.

Have fun. :)

I have two small superman danae frags. One is a bit smaller than a dime, it is $50. The smaller one is about half of a dime, it is $35.

I also have a bright lime green polyp birdnest frag, about an inch around, and and inch and a half tall. $30.

1/2 tall oregon tort frag, $20.

1 inch tall blueish brown samoensis, $15.

I have some pink birdsnest with blue/purple polyps 20.00
two German blue digitatus(sp) 20.00~1.5"
one green digitatus(sp) 5.00
orange ricordia 5.00/polyp
many Purple rim cap large size 10.00
many solid green cap large size 10.00

I will have a Pocillipora light brown/whitish stems and glowing green tips on the polyps. (3") $25

WTB -
1) Pink/orange/red millipora or prostata frag
2) Purple/blue stag frag

110 oceanic can you post a pic of the colony polyps? and ma reefer what color is the finger leather?
Thanks
Duds

Still haven't got that digital camera yet but if I get one or can borrow one I will.

Duds said:
110 oceanic can you post a pic of the colony polyps? and ma reefer what color is the finger leather?
Thanks
Duds

green with orange tip, brownish w/peach tip, speckled w/green tip, and some others but not at home to really give a good ID. I think my brother has a digital camera maybe he will let me borrow it tonight.

ok here are a few that will go at the meet
unknown purple green polyp acro? 2 @$20 each / Gustavo yours is aside ;)
encrusted and happy
DSCN2882.jpg

purple monti foliasa?not sure but deep purple with blue polyps under 2x250 lighter purple and baby blue under lower light $15
DSCN2879.jpg

small piece of spongades encrusted $5
DSCN2878.jpg

Last edited:
hispada 1 at $20 Daire have yours aside ;)
DSCN2875.jpg

rose softie not guaranteeing it will be attached it will be fresh cut tomorrow the piece is on the rite of the pick attacking my neon soloman $10
DSCN2873.jpg

front of pic your guess is as good as mine but I think it is a Larry JAckson $10
behind it orange digi free to first response
DSCN2871.jpg

OH YA ALL PICS TAKEN LIGHTS OUT FLASH ONLY

Last edited:
1. Purple With Green Polyps monti 3"
2. 2x Orange with greenish Center zoos (10+ polyps)
3. Yellow polyps 20+ polyps

the zoos NEED high light, or they turn brown with green centers, still nice, but dont have that nice orangeish color.

Looking for trades.

Hi Dawn, I'd like 1 of these :unknown purple green polyp acro? 2 @$20 each
Thanks!

skyedolphan I will take a frag of the rose soft coral if it is attached before the meeting
rich do you have a pic of the orange and green center zoas
Thanks
Duds

Back